Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL IS Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to Indian Standard IS 800:2007
The RF-/STEEL IS add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design of steel members and sets of members according to:
- IS 800:2007 (Indian standard)
- Design of tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis of flexural buckling and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams
- Automatic cross-section classification (Class 1 to 3)
- Deformation analysis (serviceability)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, rectangular hollow sections, angles, double angles (arrangement with flange on flange), T-sections, and welded cross-sections: I-shaped (symmetrical and asymmetrical about major axis), channel sections (symmetrical about major axis), rectangular hollow sections (symmetrical and asymmetrical about major axis), angles, round pipes, round bars
- Clearly arranged result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/STEEL IS
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by IS 800. The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains relevant materials for IS 800.
RFEM/RSTAB automatically creates the corresponding load combinations according to IS 800. However, you can also create all combinations manually in RFEM/RSTAB. The RF-/STEEL IS add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed.
In the subsequent input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths. In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
|Manual STEEL IS|
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL IS 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL IS 8.xx
Customers who bought this product also bought
Structural Frame & Truss Analysis Software
Structural FEM Analysis Software
Stress Analysis of Members
Stability Analysis According to Eigenvalue Calculation Method
Reinforced Concrete Design of Members and Surfaces (Plates, Walls, Planar Structures, Shells)
Analytical Deformation Analysis of Plate Structures
Module Extension for RFEM
Extension of Reinforced Concrete Design Modules with Design According to Eurocode 2
Generation of Pre-Deformed Initial Structures and Equivalent Imperfections for Nonlinear Calculation
Frame Joint Design According to EN 1993-1-8 (EC 3)
Design of Steel Members and Sets of Members According to EC 3
Analysis of Natural Vibrations
Extension of RF-DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations Module for Static Load Analysis Using Multi-Modal Response Spectrum Analysis