RF-/STEEL NBR Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to Brazilian Standard ABNT NBR 8800:2008
The RF-/STEEL NBR add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design of steel members and sets of members according to:
- ABNT NBR 8800:2008 (Brazilian standard)
- Design of tension, compression, bending, shear, combined internal forces, and torsion
- Stability analysis of buckling, flexural buckling, and lateral torsional buckling
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams
- Deformation analysis (serviceability)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, rectangular hollow sections, angles, T-sections, and welded cross-sections: I-shaped (symmetrical and asymmetrical about major axis), channel sections (symmetrical about major axis), rectangular hollow sections, angles, round pipes, round bars
- Clearly arranged result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and volume specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
Working with RF-/STEEL NBR
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by Brazilian standard ABNT NBR 8800:2008. The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains relevant materials.
The RF-/STEEL NBR add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed.
In the subsequent input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Price (VAT excl.)
Customers who bought this product also bought
Design of Steel Members According to Swiss Standard SIA 263
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Programmable interface (API) based on the COM technology
Design of steel members according to the American standard ANSI/AISC 360
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Stress analysis of steel members
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of steel members according to the Mexican standard NTC-DF 2004
Design of steel members according to the Australian standard AS 4100-1998
Design of steel members according to the Canadian standard CSA S16-09
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052