Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL NTC-DF Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to NTC-DF 2004 (Mexican standard)
The RF-/STEEL NTC-DF add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design of members and sets of members according to the standard:
- NTC‑RCDF (2004), Metal Structures Clause (Mexican standard)
- Cross-section designs of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis of buckling, flexural buckling, and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Alternative analysis of critical buckling moment for standard situation
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to sets of members
- Automatic cross-section classification
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, T-sections, angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round steels, symmetrical and asymmetrical as well as parameterized I-sections, T-sections, and many others
- Clearly arranged input and result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slenderness (optional) and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
Working with RF-/STEEL NTC-DF
First, you have to select load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed. It is also necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by the standard NTC-RCDF (2004). The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains materials relevant for the Mexican and American standard.
In the next input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports, effective lengths, and other standard-specific design parameters. In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
In connection with RFEM/RSTAB, it is possible to consider the effect of the general calculation according to the second-order analysis by default. Alternatively, you can create the second-order analysis effects by using enlargement factors.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL NTC-DF 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL NTC-DF 8.xx