Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL SIA Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to Swiss Standard SIA 263
The RF-/STEEL SIA add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state designs of members and sets of members according to the Swiss standards:
- SIA 263:2003
- SIA 263:2013
- Design of members and continuous members for compression, bending, shear, and combined actions
- Stability analysis of buckling and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams
- Automatic cross-section classification (Class 1 to 4)
- Deformation analysis (serviceability)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I‑, C‑ and T‑sections, angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round bars, symmetrical, asymmetrical and parameterized I‑ and ‑sections as well as angle irons and double angles
- Optional import of buckling lengths from the RF-STABILITY/RSBUCK
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location or by load cases or load and result combination
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
Working with RF-/STEEL SIA
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by SIA 263.
The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains relevant materials for SIA. Furthermore, RFEM/RSTAB automatically creates the corresponding load combinations according to SIA 260. However, you can also create all combinations manually in RFEM/RSTAB.
The RF-/STEEL SIA add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed. You can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths in the subsequent input windows.
In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
For result evaluation reasons, there are clearly arranged result tables available. The first window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subjects in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
The complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and the extent of the results specifically for the individual designs. Graphical result display of the governing design criteria in RFEM/RSTAB provides a quick overview of the design ratios of individual structural components.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL SIA 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL SIA 8.xx