RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion Module Extension
Warping Torsion Second-Order Analysis with 7 Degrees of Freedom
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion is an extension of the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add‑on module. It performs lateral‑torsional (torsional‑flexural) buckling analysis of members according to the second‑order theory with 7 degrees of freedom and application of imperfections with regard to mode shapes.
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion allows you to perform relevant designs according to the following standard:
- EN 1993‑1‑1:2005 + AC:2009
- Applicable for members defined as sets of members
- Separate solver which considers 7 deformation directions (ux, uy, uz, φx, φy, φz, ω) or 8 internal forces (N, Vu, Vv, Mt,pri, Mt,sec, Mu, Mv, Mω)
- Nonlinear design according to second-order analysis
- Input of imperfections
- Calculation of critical load factors and buckling mode shapes as well as the visualization of them (incl. warping)
- Integration into member design in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add‑on module
- Available for all thin‑walled steel cross‑sections
Since RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion is fully integrated in RF‑/STEEL EC3, the data is entered in the same way as for the usual design in RF‑/STEEL EC3. It is only necessary to select the option "Perform warping analysis" in the Details dialog box, tab Warping Torsion (see figure on the right). You can also define the maximum number of iterations in this dialog box.
The warping torsion analysis is performed for sets of members in RF‑/STEEL EC3, for which you can define boundary conditions such as nodal supports or member end releases. It is also possible to specify imperfections for the nonlinear calculation.
The results of warping torsion analysis are displayed in RF‑/STEEL EC3 in the usual way. Among other results, the corresponding result windows include the critical warping and torsional values, internal forces, and design summary.
The graphical display of mode shapes (incl. warping) allows for a realistic assessment of buckling behavior.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL Warping Torsion 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL Warping Torsion 8.xx