The size of an RFEM or RSTAB file depends on the model size. This is, in turn, dependent on the number and size of the individual model data.
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
When RFEM or RSTAB is opened, you can create a new model by clicking the list button 'New Model' oder 'File' → 'New'. Besides entering the description of the model, you can define the basic settings in the 'New Model - General Data' dialog box, such as the type of model. A 2D model can only be drawn in one plane and has three degrees of freedom, whereas a 3D model has six degrees of freedom and all three work planes XY, XZ and YZ are available.
There are different display types available for the model, also called rendering:
- Wireframe model: In the wireframe model, only the axes of members (and surfaces) are displayed linearly.
- Solid model (transparent/filled): In the solid model, the objects are displayed in the original form, that is including their cross-section.
To adjust the setting, use the 'Display Model' list button or the Project Navigator 'Display' → 'Rendering' → 'Model'.
It is also possible to generate typical models or partial models automatically by entering all necessary parameters. Open the model generator via 'Tools' → 'Generate Model - Members (in RFEM, also surfaces)'.
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How is it possible to add or remove tables in the printout report?
- The display of result values is too inaccurate. Where can I set to see more result values for member internal forces?
- How do I apply prestress to tension members?
- I have numeric stiffnesses of my members. How can I assign the stiffnesses to a member without having to create a notional material and a cross-section?
- I have bought a new computer. How can I use my softlock license on it?
- How do I install the network license (USB dongle) on the server?
In my Dlubal Software programs, I have a problem that the umlauts and special characters cannot be displayed. How can I change that?
- Can I also use the load generator for the members that do not rest in one plane?
- How is the friction set on a member hinge via the COM interface?
- Is it possible to keep the results from RWIND Simulation when deleting the FE mesh if I only adjust materials or support conditions?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions