Additional properties can be assigned to the solid such as homogeneous, isotropic or orthotropic materials, properties of an ideal gas or contact properties between two surfaces.
Entering in RFEM
Solids can be entered and defined by using the menu 'Insert' → 'Model Data' → 'Solids' or the Data Navigator. Select the surrounding surfaces and define the solid type in the dialog box.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for railings are still very high and usually require a high degree of transparency.
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
The model is constructed by means of parameters for geometry and loads and regenerates when the parameters are changed.
Product Features Articles
If the check box "Number of load increments" is deactivated, the number of load increments will be determined automatically in RFEM to solve nonlinear tasks efficiently.
The used method is based on a heuristic algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- For the direction of internal forces, I have four options under the "Grouped" selection box to smooth the internal forces. Which grouping should I choose here?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements