Loads from certain actions are organized in load cases. Such load cases are, for example, seld-weight, snow, wind, or an imposed load.
When entering loads into the respective load cases, it should be ensured that the loads are entered characteristically. The partial safety factors and combination coefficients can be defined later when creating the load or result combinations.
Calculation parameters, such as the method of analysis (geometrically linear, second-order, or large deformation analysis), the solving method and additional calculation options (load increment factors, stiffness factors, and others), can be set separately for each load case.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
If the check box "Number of load increments" is deactivated, the number of load increments will be determined automatically in RFEM to solve nonlinear tasks efficiently.
The used method is based on a heuristic algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- How is the load distributed to the members in the angular axis method if members are excluded from the load application?
- A rigid member should only be able to absorb tensile forces or only compressive forces. What are the options for considering these nonlinearities in the calculation?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions