Loads from certain actions are organized in load cases. Such load cases are, for example, seld-weight, snow, wind, or an imposed load.
When entering loads into the respective load cases, it should be ensured that the loads are entered characteristically. The partial safety factors and combination coefficients can be defined later when creating the load or result combinations.
Calculation parameters, such as the method of analysis (geometrically linear, second-order, or large deformation analysis), the solving method and additional calculation options (load increment factors, stiffness factors, and others), can be set separately for each load case.
In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How do I display the utilization rate of a compression column in RF-CONCRETE Members?
- Is it possible to use a contact solid or a layered FE mesh for a solid also in the case of curved surfaces? Because I get the error No. 848.
How can I retrospectively reduce the determined provided longitudinal reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- Why do I get the error message 10203 for a result beam when performing design with RF‑CONCRETE Members?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, there is the error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2."
- Is it possible to design a spherically curved glass pane in RF‑GLASS?
- Is it possible to model a slab made of trapezoidal sheet metals?
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions