The combination expression is based on the selected standard. This standard can be Eurocode 0, for example.
To create various design situations, such as the ultimate limit state, serviceability limit state, fire situation or earthquake, different combination expressions are required. The individual combination expressions are based on various probabilities, which are adapted for the respective purpose of the design.
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
If there is a standard set for the classification of load cases and combinations in General Data of the model and the option for the automatic creation of combinations is also selected, result combinations or load combinations are created on the basis of the combination expressions. If the option for the automatic creation of combinations is disabled, there are no combination expressions set up in the program and you need to create the combinations manually.
External Pressure Coefficients, Cp, for Domed Roofs with a Circular Base (according to Figure 27.3-2 )
The number of degrees of freedom in a node is no longer a global calculation parameter in RFEM (6 degrees of freedom for each mesh node in 3D models, 7 degrees of freedom for the warping torsion analysis). Thus, each node is generally considered with a different number of degrees of freedom, which leads to a variable number of equations in the calculation.
This modification speeds up the calculation, especially for models where a significant reduction of the system could be achieved (e.g. trusses and membrane structures).
- Why do I get high differences when designing a longitudinally stiffened buckling panel compared to the German and Austrian National Annexes?
- How can I create a curved or curved section?
- Is it possible to manually specify a longitudinal reinforcement for the design in RF-PUNCH Pro?
- After the design with RF-/TIMBER Pro, I had a cross-section optimized. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross -section now exceeded?
- Why are the stresses of the 90 ° orientation not displayed in RF-LAMINATE for a layer with the orthotropic direction 90 ° for σb, 90?
- Does the load generation also work for curved members?
If I do not specify any basic reinforcement in RF-CONCRETE Surfaces, I get the value X as additionally required reinforcement. If I enter this value X as the existing basic reinforcement, I correctly do not get any additional required reinforcement.
However, if I enter a lower value than the determined required total reinforcement as the basic reinforcement, the additionally required reinforcement is increased in such a way that the originally required reinforcement content is exceeded. Why?
- In RF-/STEEL EC3, is the "Elastic design (also for cross-section class 1 and 2)" option under "Details → Ultimate Limit State" considered for the stability analysis when activated?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions