The selection can be done manually by exact object names or depending on certain object properties. The set of objects can include different types of objects.
In the area of computer science, a set of objects is stored in a database. A selection is then a kind of request with certain criteria. The resulting selection can be graphically highlighted for the user and offered for further editing. Selections with their discrete request criteria are also stored in a database for later use.
- Nodes with the uZ deformation > 10 mm
- Members with the description numbers 13, 17 - 18
- Objects with the Z-ordinate between +5 m and +10 m
Selections in RFEM and RSTAB
Criteria-related selections can be defined in RFEM and RSTAB by using the menu 'Edit' → 'Select' → 'Special'.
Models to Download
Wooden gallery with pneumatic cushion
Facade in Form of Honeycomb
Pneumatic Roof Structure
Glass Railing as Solid Model
Wörgl Zentrum Lenk, Austria
Mountain and Valley Station of 3S Gondola Lift up to Klein Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for railings are still very high and usually require a high degree of transparency.
Product Features Articles
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I just have to calculate an open hall with low roof loads and relatively high wind loads compared to it. In theory, a design of the bottom flange for buckling/toppling would have to be performed. Unfortunately, there is no combination of 1.0 * G +1.5 * W.
- How do I get the largest column load in my RFEM 3D model?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- How is the load distributed to the members in the angular axis method if members are excluded from the load application?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions