On the one hand, the Project Navigator - Views includes 'User-defined visibilities', which can be defined individually, and 'Generated Visibilities', which are created automatically by the program. On the other hand, it is possible to also create temporary visibilities. All visibility types provide a quick overview of the model because the objects can be filtered directly by the lists. This not only facilitates the control of the input, but also the results.
Creating User-Defined Visibility
To create a temporary visibility, you can select any objects. The visibility can then be created by using the shortcut menu 'View' → 'Visibility' → 'Visibility by Selected Objects'. The same function is also available in the toolbar.
To save a user-defined visibility, it is necessary to select the desired objects first. In Project Navigator - Views, you can then save the selected objects as a new visibility by clicking the microscope button.
Combination of User-Defined and Generated Visibilities
Due to the flexible selection, it is also possible to combine different visibilities. For this, activate or deactivate the individual check boxes in the 'Visibility' tree.
Besides the standardized gamma method, you can display the semi-rigid composite beams also as a framework model.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- How can I consider a column/support settlement in the model?
- How is the static depth d calculated in the bending design of block foundations (calculation as equivalent beams)?
- Is it possible to quickly generate a truss girder with RFEM and RSTAB?
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
I created a very simple model to check the manual calculation. I can't get to the expected results. Could you give me an advice please?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions