Accelerograms are considered as the actions on structures that are applied to the supports of the structure and thus excite the structural system to vibrations. These actions are calculated by using the time history analysis.
Furthermore, accelerograms allow you to generate response spectra or use them directly in the response spectrum analysis.
Entering in RF-/DYNAM Pro
Accelerograms can be entered in RFEM or RSTAB by using the RF-/DYNAM Pro add-on module. The data can be imported from a library that contains a large number of earthquake records (see Image 01). You can also create a user-defined diagram or import it from Excel (see Image 02). It is possible to enter the data separately for all three directions (X, Y and Z).
Models to Download
Glass Railing as Solid Model
Wörgl Zentrum Lenk, Austria
Knowledge Base Articles
The National Building Code of Canada (NBC) 2015 Article 18.104.22.168 provides a clear procedure for earthquake methods of analysis.
Thesis | Tomasz Cioch: Calculation of a building with stiffeners made of masonry and reinforced concrete
Comparison of Various Design Methods for Stability of Structural Components in Steel Structures According to DIN EN 1993-1-1 with Regard to Cost-Effectiveness on Example of Trough Structure Design
Structural and Constructional Design of Prestressed Concrete Bridge with Double-Girdered T-beam Cross-Section According to Eurocode 2
Product Features Articles
The stiffness of gas given by the ideal gas law pV = nRT can be considered in the nonlinear dynamic analysis.
The calculation of gas is available for accelerograms and time diagrams for both the explicit analysis and the nonlinear implicit Newmark analysis. To determine the gas behaviour correctly, at least two FE layers for gas solids should be defined.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- How is the load distributed to the members in the angular axis method if members are excluded from the load application?
- A rigid member should only be able to absorb tensile forces or only compressive forces. What are the options for considering these nonlinearities in the calculation?
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis