If there are at least two surfaces intersected each other by using the 'Create Intersection' option, several surface components are generated from the parent surfaces. These partial surfaces are called components in RFEM.
After creating an intersection, you can change properties of the individual components. For example, you can deactivate components, change their thicknesses or materials, or use their own FE mesh refinement.
Models to Download
Pneumatic Roof Structure
Steel Frame Stability
Arched Timber Structure
Industrial hall with crane runway girder
Cross-Laminated Timber Building (CLT)
Member with Coupling to Solid
Model for FAQ 2775 Stresses orthotropic
Model of FAQ 4616 - Suspended Ceiling
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for railings are still very high and usually require a high degree of transparency.
Product Features Articles
If the check box "Number of load increments" is deactivated, the number of load increments will be determined automatically in RFEM to solve nonlinear tasks efficiently.
The used method is based on a heuristic algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
- For the direction of internal forces, I have four options under the "Grouped" selection box to smooth the internal forces. Which grouping should I choose here?
- I have modeled two nodes on a surface in RFEM. The results do not show the displacement at these two nodes. How can I obtain it?
- Are the Dlubal Software programs suitable for the analysis and design of hydraulic steel structures?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- How do I display the nodal displacements graphically?
- Are silos/tanks possible to export from RFEM into Revit?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements