In RFEM, there are the following modelling possibilities, for example:
- Quadrangle surface
- Rotated surface
- B-spline surface
- NURBS surface
- Trajectory surface
Shells are loaded by bending and membrane forces. If the thickness of a shell is small in comparison with its span, the load is usually transferred by membrane forces.
As described in FAQ 002727, the modelling using quadrangle surfaces is preferred in the case of complex models.
Distribution of Vertical Soil Stresses and Related Settlement under Uniformly Distributed Load from 
Window '1.1 General Data' for Serviceability Limit State with Settings for Nonlinear Calculation According to 
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- How can I create a curved or curved section?
- How are the signs to be interpreted for the release results of the line release and line hinges?
- Is it possible to manually specify a longitudinal reinforcement for the design in RF-PUNCH Pro?
- Can I simulate the cracked state of a concrete cross -section for a bending beam with the "Isotropic Nonlinear Elastic 1D" material model?
- Why is the deflection of the reinforced concrete floor sometimes greater when selecting a larger basic reinforcement?
- I have a question about message no.47 in the RFEM program. What is the exact meaning of the word integrate? What is the resulting effect?
If I do not specify any basic reinforcement in RF-CONCRETE Surfaces, I get the value X as additionally required reinforcement. If I enter this value X as the existing basic reinforcement, I correctly do not get any additional required reinforcement.
However, if I enter a lower value than the determined required total reinforcement as the basic reinforcement, the additionally required reinforcement is increased in such a way that the originally required reinforcement content is exceeded. Why?
- Why does the RF-CONCRETE Surfaces add-on module not increase the amount of reinforcement until the SLS designs have a design ratio of 1.0?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures