- Structural FEA Engineering Software RFEM
- RF-FORM-FINDING Add-on Module
- Structural Frame & Truss Analysis Software RSTAB
- RWIND Simulation Stand-Alone Program for Generation of Wind Loads
- Analysis and Design Software for Steel Structures
- Analysis & Design Software for Aluminum and Lightweight Structures
- Add-on Modules for Dynamic Analysis
- Request Quote or Callback from Sales Representative
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
FEA Software RFEM & Structural Analysis Software RSTAB | Video Tutorial | Strong on analysis and documentation. Better service for your customers.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- For a tapered member, I get the error message "Invalid (incompatible) arrangement ...". What can I do?
- As part of my bachelor thesis, I would like to integrate the RSTAB printout report into LaTeX. There, you can completely integrate a PDF document as shown in the viewer. This also works with any PDF document, but not with the printout report created by RSTAB. What could be the reason?
- I have defined a wind profile for RWIND Simulation up to a height of 100 m. Is the wind profile dependent on the size of the wind tunnel?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9