FAQ 004800 EN
- Structural FEA Engineering Software RFEM
- RF-FORM-FINDING Add-on Module
- Structural Frame & Truss Analysis Software RSTAB
- RWIND Simulation Stand-Alone Program for Generation of Wind Loads
- Analysis and Design Software for Steel Structures
- Analysis & Design Software for Aluminum and Lightweight Structures
- Add-on Modules for Dynamic Analysis
- Request Quote or Callback from Sales Representative
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, there is the error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2."
- Are effective length factors determined automatically from a model in the add-on modules for the aluminum and steel design or do I have to make adjustments?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
Is it possible to calculate with American steel cross-sections?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- How can I quickly model a chimney with reinforcement rings and stiffeners?
- How can I model and design general bolted connections with the surface and solid elements in RFEM?
- I get the message "Existing torsion -> no stability design possible." Why does this appear and what can I do?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Form-finding of tensile membrane and cable structures
Design of aluminium members according to Eurocode 9