- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
With this function, it is possible to refine the FE mesh on surfaces automatically. The mesh refinement is carried out step by step. In each step, a new FE mesh according to the numeric error analysis of the previous step will be generated. The numeric error will be evaluated by means of the results on surface elements and is based on the energy formulation by Zienkiewicz-Zhu.
The error analysis is carried out for a linear static analysis. A load case (or a load combination) is selected for which the FE mesh will be generated. The FE mesh will be used for all calculations.
The member type "Dashpot" can be used for time history analyses in RFEM/RSTAB with the add-on modules RF-/DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations and RF-/DYNAM Pro - Nonlinear Time History. This linear viscous damping element considers forces dependent on velocity.
With regard to viscoelasticity, the member type "Dashpot" is similar to the Kelvin-Voigt model which consists of the damping element and an elastic spring (both connected in parallel).
When exchanging data with Advance Steel using *.smlx files, the interface is automatically detected. This means that *.smlx files are possible even if no version of Advance Steel is installed.
The material database in RFEM, RSTAB and SHAPE-THIN contains steels according to the Australian standard AS/NZS 4600:2005.
In RFEM, it is possible to determine pushover curves (also called capacity curves) and export them to Excel.
- Design of hinged connections
- Biaxial inclination of the connected member (for example a jack rafter joint)
- Connection of any number of members on one node for the ‘Main member only’ type
- Screw diameter of 6 mm – 12 mm
- Automatic check of the minimum distance between screws
- Optional free definition of screw distances
- Transfer of eccentricity from RFEM/RSTAB
- Crosswise or parallel screw alignment
- Definition of up to 16 screws in a row
- Graphical visualization of joints in the add-on module and in RFEM/RSTAB
- Possibility to perform all required designs
First, it is necessary to select the joint type and the design standard.
The connected members are imported from the RFEM/RSTAB model. The module automatically checks if all geometric conditions are fulfilled.
Also the loads are imported automatically from RFEM/RSTAB. In the Geometry window, you can specify the screw parameters (diameter, length, angle, etc.).
The following design results are displayed:
- Check of the minimum spacing between screws
- Load carrying capacity of each screw
At first, the governing joint designs are arranged in groups and displayed with the basic geometry of the joint in the first result window. In the other result windows, you can see all fundamental design details.
Dimensions and material properties important for the connection construction are displayed immediately and can be printed directly or exported to a DXF file. It is possible to visualize the connections in RF‑/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber or in the RFEM/RSTAB model.
All graphics can be included in the RFEM/RSTAB printout report or printed directly. Result graphics to scale provide the option of an optimal visual check right from the design phase.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”