- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
RF-PIPING | Features
- Graphical input of piping systems and piping components
- Illustrative visualization of piping systems and piping components in RFEM graphic window
- Comprehensive libraries for piping cross‑sections and materials
- Comprehensive libraries for flanges, reducers, tees, and expansion joints
- Consideration of piping structure (insulation, lining, tin‑plate)
- Automatic calculation of stress intensification factors and flexibility factors
- Specific piping action categories for load cases
- Optional automatic combinatorics of load cases
- Consideration of material properties (modulus of elasticity, coefficient of thermal expansion) either during operating temperature (default option) or during reference (assembly) temperature of material
- Consideration of elongation and straightening due to pressure (Bourdon effect)
- Interaction between the supporting structure and the piping system
Working with RF-PIPING
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters.
It is also possible to extend the piping subsequently by defining special components (expansion joints, valves, and others). The implemented libraries of structural components facilitate the definition.
Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of piping systems. For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can then be performed in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of piping systems and load situations.
RF-MOVE/RSMOVE | Features
- Generation of up to 9,999 load cases from the moving load positions
- Parameterized load positions of different concentrated and distributed loads
- Summary of several moving loads in one generation case
- Optional addition of loads to RFEM/RSTAB load cases
- Generation of a result combination for determination of the most unfavorable load position
- Possible to save load specifications for further use in another structures
RF-MOVE/RSMOVE | Input
Sets of members with moving loads are selected graphically in the RFEM/RSTAB model. You can apply several different types of loads to one set of members at the same time.
By specifying the first load position, you can display a moving load on a set of members precisely. In the same way, it is possible to define whether a moving load consisting of various load applications is allowed to move beyond the end of continuous members (bridge) or not (crane runway).
The increment of the individual load positions is determined by the number of load cases generated for RFEM/RSTAB. In addition, you can add loads to the existing RFEM/RSTAB load cases so that no additional superposition is required. Several load types are available, for example single, linear and trapezoidal loads as well as load pairs and several uniform concentrated loads.
It is possible to apply the loads in local and in global directions. The application can refer to the true member length or to the projection in a global direction.
RF-MOVE/RSMOVE | Generation
You can create various load cases with a single mouse click. After the generation, the numbers of created load cases and result combinations are displayed.
RF-MOVE/RSMOVE | Results
The RF-MOVE/RSMOVE add-on module does not display any result windows: You can check the created load cases including loads in RFEM/RSTAB. Descriptions of the individual moving loads are created on the basis of the respective load increment number.
However, it is possible to modify the descriptions in RFEM/RSTAB. You can export all data in tables to MS Excel.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”