- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Why Dlubal Software?
Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation
With the stand-alone program RWIND Simulation, wind flows around simple or complex structures can be simulated by means of a digital wind tunnel.
The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported to RFEM or RSTAB.
After opening the add-on module, it is necessary to select the members/sets of members, load cases, load or result combinations for the ultimate limit state, serviceability limit state and fire resistance design (only ASD). Also, you can select the design method (ASD or LRFD). The materials from RFEM/RSTAB are preset and can be adjusted in RF-/TIMBER AWC. Material properties listed in the respective standard are included in the material library.
When checking the cross-sections, you can specify whether to apply the design values of the relevant standard, or user-defined values. Then, you can consider the load duration classes (LDC), temperature effects, and moisture service conditions.
The deformation analysis requires the reference lengths of the relevant members and sets of members. Furthermore, you can define a specific direction of deflection, precamber and beam type.
For fire resistance design, you can define charring sides of member or set of members.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling and lateral buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared with the maximum allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow flexible analysis of the selected members, sets of members, and actions as well as for the individual stability analysis.
Design-relevant parameters such as load duration in case of fire, member slendernesses, and limit deflection can be freely adjusted.
After the calculation, the module displays results in clearly arranged result tables. All intermediate values (for example governing internal forces, adjustment factors etc.) can be included in order to make the design more transparent. The results are listed by load case, cross-section, member, and set of members. If the analysis fails, the relevant cross-sections can be modified in an optimization process.
Design ratio is represented with different colors in the RFEM/RSTAB model. In this way, you can quickly recognize critical or oversized areas of the cross-section. The targeted evaluation is also ensured by displaying the result diagrams on the member or set of members.
In addition to input and result data including design details shown in tables, you can add any graphic into the printout report. In this way, a comprehensible and clearly arranged documentation is guaranteed. You can select the report contents and the extent of the results specifically for the individual designs.
- Design of members and continuous members for tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis of buckling and lateral-torsional buckling according to the Equivalent Member Method or second-order analysis
- Serviceability limit state design by limitation of deflections
- Design of tapered and curved beams consisting of glulam timber
- Free setting of charring time and rates as well as free selection of charring sides for fire resistance design
- Material and cross-section library based on the supplement to the standards ANSI/AWC NDS‑2018 and ANSI/AWC NDS-2015, including adjustment factors
- User-defined entry of rectangular and circular cross-sections
- Automatic cross-section optimization
- Optional import of buckling lengths from the RF-STABILITY/RSBUCK module
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the used standard
- Various filtering and sorting options of results
- Consideration of temperature effects and moisture service conditions
- Visualization of design criterion on RFEM/RSTAB model
- Data export to MS Excel
- Metric and imperial units
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
"I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it."
"I have been using Dlubal for over a year now and am constantly impressed by the range of its capabilities/flexibilities that Dlubal offers, in particular its ability to cope with the unusual design challenges and requirements typical of what I do in my daily job."