- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Why Dlubal Software?
Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation
With the stand-alone program RWIND Simulation, wind flows around simple or complex structures can be simulated by means of a digital wind tunnel.
The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported to RFEM or RSTAB.
- Design of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, torsion, and combined internal forces
- Stability analyzes for buckling, torsional and torsional-torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Alternative analytical calculation of critical buckling moments for standard situations
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams and continuous members
- Automatic cross-section classification
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, T-sections, angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round bars, symmetrical, asymmetrical and parameterized I- and T-sections as well as angles and double angles
- Clearly arranged input and result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the used standard
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result table of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by the standard SANS 10162-1:2011. The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains materials relevant for the South African standard.
The RF-/STEEL SANS add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed. In the next input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths.
In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis in the module.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
"I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it."