RF-/STAGES Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Consideration of Construction Stages in RFEM/RSTAB
The RF-/STAGES add‑on module allows for design of beam structures (also surface and solid structures in RFEM) considering the construction stage during the building phase.
Negligence of the construction stage influence may cause errors in the calculation of entire models. RF‑/STAGES analyzes these influences and considers them to the point of the structural design.
- Simple definition of construction stages in the RFEM/RSTAB structure including visualization
- Addition, removal, and modification of member, surface and solid properties (such as member end releases, surface eccentricities, degrees of freedom for supports, and others)
- Optional superposition of construction stages with additional temporary loads, for example mounting loads or mounting cranes, and others
- Consideration of nonlinear effects such as failure of a tension member, elastic foundations, or nonlinear supports
- Numerical and graphical result display for individual construction stages or as an envelope (Max/Min) of all construction stages
- Detailed printout report including all structural and load data of each construction stage
Entering Construction Stages
After creating the entire structure in RFEM/RSTAB, the individual structural components as well as load cases and combinations are assigned to the corresponding construction stages. For each construction stage, you can modify for example release definitions of members and supports.
Thus, it is possible to model structural modifications, as they occur by successive grouting of bridge girders or by settling of columns. The RFEM/RSTAB load cases and combinations are assigned to "Permanent Loads" and "Temporary Loads".
The defined temporary loads are superimposed by permanent loads. In this way, it is possible to determine the maximum internal forces of different crane positions or to consider temporary mounting loads available only in one construction stage.
The calculation of the "Permanent Loads" is performed in compliance with the large deformation analysis successively for each construction stage.
Resulting geometry differences between the ideal and the deformed structural system from the previous construction stage are compared in the background. The next construction stage is based on the structural system stressed from the previous construction stage.
Results and Export
After the calculation, it is possible to evaluate the results of each construction stage directly in the module window or graphically in the RFEM/RSTAB model. In this case, you can export the results to RFEM/RSTAB.
The module creates result cases of each construction stage as well as an enveloping "combination" including the maximum and minimum values of all construction stages. You can use the result cases and the enveloping combination for further calculations in various RFEM/RSTAB add-on modules.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)