巴黎 Marigny 剧院，法国
|Structural Engineering||Structural Design and Realization
NeMo-K Engineering Office
Lainé Delau (Vinci-Group, structural work)
Cruard (Vinci-Group, glued laminated timber structure)
Baudin Châteauneuf (steel structure)
CLE MILLET International, France
Architect of New Interior
JM WILMOTTE, France
City of Paris, France
The Théâtre Marigny is located on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées in Paris. The building (hall, ceiling, decor) as well as the wooded area, situated next to the Elysée Palace, are declared historical monuments.
The panorama, built in 1881 by the architect Charles Garnier, the architect of the Opéra Garnier, changed to serve as a theater ("Les Folies Marigny") in 1893 with 1,200 seats by the architect Edouard Niermans. In 1925, the theater was rebuilt under the new manager Léon Volterra: The exuberant decoration of Niermans was removed and only the original form of the building, a dodecagon with a diameter of 33 meters, was kept. The architect Alvaro de Grimaldi designed the current hall inspired by the Art‑Déco movement with a NeoPompeian tendency. A new hall was built in the foyer in 1980.
Before this renovation, the theater roof showed severe defects which led to its closure in 2013. The metastable equilibrium resulted from unreliable planning which did not consider the effects of the asymmetrical load and the suspended ceiling on the roof structure during construction in 1925.
Due to the preservation orders, it was not possible to completely remove the roof. Therefore, only interventions inside the roof were possible.
The project of reconstruction and reinforcement primarily consisted of:
- Separating the roof and ceiling construction. It is suspended on a new glued laminated timber construction, supported by steel members.
- Adding new stiffening for the existing structure, consisting of new glued laminated rafters, supported by prestressed cables.
In order to reduce the horizontal pressure, elastomeric bearings (elastic) were introduced between a metal ring to distribute the loads of the two structures on the downstand beams, made of cast concrete, on the 12 masonry pillars.
The design of the new structures required extensive planning of the construction process (based on 3D sketch and modeling of the existing buildings with Revit) and calculations with RFEM and the add‑on modules by Dlubal Software.
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
- Structural FEA Software RFEM
- Steel Analysis & Design Software RF‑STEEL EC3
- Timber Analysis & Design Software RF‑TIMBER Pro
- Add-on Module RF‑STAGES for Consideration of Construction Stages
- Structural Connection Design Software RF‑JOINTS