For this purpose, a member is defined in the area of a slab, which initially rests in the plane of the slab. In the detailed settings of the 'Rib' member type, further entries are possible and required for the member: in the 'Edit Rib' dialog box, you can enter the rib position (top/bottom) and specify the integration width of the surfaces.
Using these entries, it is possible to design the rib as a downstand or upstand beam with effective slab widths in RF‑CONCRETE Members.
The rib is intended to be used primarily in concrete design. On the other hand, an eccentrically connected member should be used for welded steel ribs on steel surfaces.
- Downstand Beams, Ribs, T-Beams: Modeling and Determination of Internal Forces
- Downstand Beams, Ribs, T-Beams: Specifics in Design
- Downstand Beams, Ribs, T-Beams: Shear Joints
- Downstand Beams, Ribs, T-Beams: Minimum Reinforcement for Partial Cross-Section According to 7.3.2
- Downstand Beams, Ribs, T-Beams: Deformation and Deflection in Cracked State