X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Global Force Equilibrium

Hello Everyone,

How can I make a verification of my analysis results using "Global Force Equilibrium" method? That is, the total applied force is equal to the support reaction forces for every given load cases.

Thanks for your valuable help in english please...

AW: Global Force Equilibrium

More Information:

My structure has thousands of nodes and elements and therefore it is not advisable that I show in my report the very long list of applied forces and compare it with the list of support reactions.

I need just a brief verification summary of the calculation to show in my report.

Again, thanks

Kommentar

Hi
      which Version of RSTAB do you use ?
      RSTAB 5 or RSTAB 6 ?

Basically after doing a calculation you need to look at the table of the support forces.
      At the bottom of this table you get a summary of the support forces and a summary of the load forces .
      This is a kind of check, if the sum of support forces is equal to the sum of loads.

Kommentar

Zitat von Knebel
        Hi
        which Version of RSTAB do you use ?
        RSTAB 5 or RSTAB 6 ?

Basically after doing a calculation you need to look at the table of the support forces.
        At the bottom of this table you get a summary of the support forces and a summary of the load forces .
        This is a kind of check, if the sum of support forces is equal to the sum of loads.
        I'm using RSTAB 5.

I see... Thanks Knebel for your valuable reply.

Though its brevity is good enough, just for curiousity is there anything that is a little bit more detailed which can be presented in the report and convince Consultants who are not familiar with R-STAB?

Kommentar

Using RStab 5 you can get a summary of loads (for each basic load case) doing the following:

Tools ==> Plausilibity Check ==> Normal Check ==> Check Load (only current load case)

The you will get a summary of the current load case in X Y Z direction.
          This is a good way to check the applied loads.
          You might get this sum of loads also in the printout report, but I 'am not sure.
          You need to try

RSTAB6 unfortunately does not have this option (not yet)

Kommentar

Hi,
            RSTAB6 has this option as well in the result table 3.0. There you can find a summary of all loads in all direction, maximal deformation, used analysis theory and number of iterations. The only thing is that you need to have calculated results before you get this statistics. In small structures this should not be a problem - in large structures it will require some more time, but it should not be such a problem. The advantage is that once you have results you get this statistics for all load cases plus they are printed to the protocol. In RSTAB5 you got also sum of loads and support reactions in the table of support reactions in the protocol.

Best Regards
            Walter Rustler
            Ing.-Software Dlubal

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X