Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• aluminium eurocode checks

Hello I have a question about eurocode checks for aluminium beam sections perfomed in DLUBAL.

Is it possible to specify holes on specific section positions (i.e. perform eurocode 9 checks with the net section reduction due to holes)?
    For instance, for the bending moment, the application of eq. 6.24 of EN 1999-1.

Thanks,
    Andy

​​
    Zuletzt geändert von andy; 30.11.2019, 18:42.

Hello. Please apologize for the long time taken to reply. I had to deal with the topic first.

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to consider profile reduction according to the equation 6.24.

Frank Faulstich
    Support Team der
    Dlubal Software GmbH
    [email protected]
    https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Thank you Frank for the clarification.

Altough code checks for aluminium, considering all possible cases, are rather involved (especially if partial HAZ zones are present within a section), the holes are one of the most important aspects of some aluminium alloys (i.e. dominate the resistance). I hope you will consider implementing this feature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	2724
      At the moment I perform nearly all code checks manually, due to the many possible cases. For instance, if I need to calculate the resistance of a section partially softened due to a transversal TIG weld (in this particular case, only on the right side of the section: herebelow in red is shown the weld position), I have to compute section properties of the "partially reduced" section (considering the HAZ extension due to TIG: 30 mm).

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	2725

It is a time-consuming process. Hope in the future all these possible cases will be incorporated in the dlubal design module.

Best regards
      Andy
      Zuletzt geändert von andy; 05.12.2019, 13:02.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X