Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• aluminium eurocode checks

Hello I have a question about eurocode checks for aluminium beam sections perfomed in DLUBAL.

Is it possible to specify holes on specific section positions (i.e. perform eurocode 9 checks with the net section reduction due to holes)?
    For instance, for the bending moment, the application of eq. 6.24 of EN 1999-1.

Thanks,
    Andy

​​
    Zuletzt geändert von andy; 30.11.2019, 19:42.

Hello. Please apologize for the long time taken to reply. I had to deal with the topic first.

Unfortunately it is currently not possible to consider profile reduction according to the equation 6.24.

Frank Faulstich
    Support Team der
    Dlubal Software GmbH
    info@dlubal.com
    https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Thank you Frank for the clarification.

Altough code checks for aluminium, considering all possible cases, are rather involved (especially if partial HAZ zones are present within a section), the holes are one of the most important aspects of some aluminium alloys (i.e. dominate the resistance). I hope you will consider implementing this feature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	0 Size:	159.7 KB ID:	2724
      At the moment I perform nearly all code checks manually, due to the many possible cases. For instance, if I need to calculate the resistance of a section partially softened due to a transversal TIG weld (in this particular case, only on the right side of the section: herebelow in red is shown the weld position), I have to compute section properties of the "partially reduced" section (considering the HAZ extension due to TIG: 30 mm).

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.png Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	2725

It is a time-consuming process. Hope in the future all these possible cases will be incorporated in the dlubal design module.

Best regards
      Andy
      Zuletzt geändert von andy; 05.12.2019, 14:02.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X