X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Iterative loading till failure

Hi all,

I wish to ask whether it is possible with RFEM to somehow automatically increase the load from an initial value till a steel member reaches first plasticity, and finally full plastic failure. This I've seen done in certain FEM packages but am unsure if possible here. I have seen the possibility of something similar in the load case menu, but it was only available for non-linear materials.

Thank you and best regards.

Hello, yes, this is possible. The option for this can be found in the settings of the load cases or load combinations:

LoadSettings

Frank Faulstich
    Support Team der
    Dlubal Software GmbH
    [email protected]
    https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Hi there! Thank you very much for your answer, I have managed to follow your instructions and carry out the testing. However I have another question now if possible.

I have selected iterative loading on a custom steel section to determine the behaviour at different loading scenarios, however the results are a bit skewed because the material (Steel fy = 275N/mm^2) continues to increase in stress resistance up to 1000N/mm^2. I am not sure if I am missing something but at such high stresses, the material will fail. I wished to observe how the section enters plasticity and the stresses get redistributed till all of the section is acting plastically. Is there a check I can turn on to stop the material from resisting such high stresses, and therefore get a more accurate scenario?

I am aware that I may be getting lost in the complexities. Thanks in advance.

Kommentar

Hello! I suspect that you are using elastic material instead of plastic material in your model.

You can enable plastic material behavior here:

Isotrop Plastic Material
        Isotrop Plastic Material

Frank Faulstich
        Support Team der
        Dlubal Software GmbH
        [email protected]
        https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X