X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• RFEM5 or RFEM6

Hi guys,

My company has been using RFEM5 up to now. Due to the separation of companies we have to acquire new software. We intend to continue with Dlubal and this is not subject to further considerations.

We are only considering whether to choose the older generation of RFEM5 or RFEM6. We also understand that a migration to version 6 is unavoidable in the future (new Eurocode versions, information exchange with Tekla and Ideastatica etc.). Maybe it is worthwhile to stay with the old version for one or two more years and only upgrade to version 6 afterwards.

The program will be used for industrial steel and concrete structures.

Following Dlubal's webinars at the beginning of last year I could see that the new generation has many bugs and is not stable.

Are there any users of both generations in the group and could they give their opinion? Opinion of users of only 6th generation would also be helpful.

Please let me know in the comments which version you used and what is your advice in this case. 

Greetings,
    zatara

Hello zatara,

before buying, it would make sense to test whether RFEM 6 already meets your requirements. If yes, then I advise to buy RFEM 6.

At the moment, many functions are still missing in RFEM 6, which were already available in RFEM 5. We will add them to RFEM 6 step by step.

As far as stability and bugs are concerned, we have significantly improved RFEM 6 in the last months.

Frank Faulstich
    Support Team der
    Dlubal Software GmbH
    [email protected]
    https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Hello Frank,

thank you for your answer. Do you have any particular important functions on your mind? The seller from Dlubal was recommending the new generation strongly. I wasn't expecting that some important features for calculation of steel and concrete according to EC can be still missing.

Best regards,
      zatara

Kommentar

Hello zatara, for steel, we should be relatively complete in the meantime.

For concrete, for example, the calculation of the required reinforcement, the nonlinear calculation and the prestressing are still missing at the moment.

Frank Faulstich
        Support Team der
        Dlubal Software GmbH
        [email protected]
        https://www.dlubal.com

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X