Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-PUNCH Pro Add-on Module for RFEM
Punching Shear Design of Foundations and Slabs with Nodal and Line Supports
The RF-PUNCH Pro add‑on module performs the design of punching shear resistance for singularly or linearly supported surfaces. The module automatically determines the governing punching load from the specified load. Also, it is possible to apply a concentrated punching load to a slab manually.
With RF‑PUNCH Pro, you can quickly and efficiently perform punching shear design according to the following standard:
- EN 1992‑1‑1:2004 + A1:2014 (EC2 for RFEM required)
- Import of relevant information and results from RFEM
- Integrated editable material and cross-section library
- The module extension EC2 for RFEM enables design of reinforced concrete members according to EN 1992‑1‑1:2004 (Eurocode 2) and the following National Annexes:
- DIN EN 1992-1-1/NA/A1:2015-12 (Germany)
- ÖNORM B 1992-1-1:2018-01 (Austria)
- NBN EN 1992-1-1 ANB:2010 (Belgium)
- BDS EN 1992-1-1:2005/NA:2011 (Bulgaria)
- EN 1992-1-1 DK NA:2013 (Denmark)
- NF EN 1992-1-1/NA:2016-03 (France)
- SFS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-10 (Finland)
- UNI EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-07 (Italy)
- LVS EN 1992-1-1:2005/NA:2014 (Latvia)
- LST EN 1992-1-1:2005/NA:2011 (Lithuania)
- MS EN 1992-1-1:2010 (Malaysia)
- NEN-EN 1992-1-1 + C2:2011/NB:2016 (Netherlands)
- NS EN 1992-1-1:2004-NA:2008 (Norway)
- PN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2010 (Poland)
- NP EN 1992-1-1/NA:2010-02 (Portugal)
- SR EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2008 (Romania)
- SS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008 (Sweden)
- SS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008-06 (Singapore)
- STN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008-06 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1992-1-1:2005/A101:2006 (Slovenia)
- UNE EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013 (Spain)
- CSN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2016-05 (Czech Republic)
- BS EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2005 (United Kingdom)
- CPM EN 1992-1-1:2009 (Belarus)
- CYS EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2009 (Cyprus)
- Complete and reasonable presetting of input parameters
- Punching shear design on columns, wall ends, and wall corners
- Optional arrangement of an enlarged column head
- Automatic recognition of the position of the punching node from the RFEM model
- Detection of curves or splines as boundary of the control perimeter
- Automatic consideration of all slab openings defined on the RFEM model
- Structure and graphical display of the control perimeter before calculation starts
- Qualitative determination of punching shear reinforcement
- Optional design with unsmoothed shear stress along the control perimeter that corresponds to the actual shear stress distribution on the FE model
- Determination of the load increment factor β by full plastic shear distribution as constant factors according to EN 1992‑1‑1, Chap. 6.4.3 (3), based on EN 1992‑1‑1, Fig. 6.21N or by user‑defined specification
- Integration of design software by the Halfen shear reinforcement rails producer
- Numerical and graphical display of results (3D, 2D, and in sections)
- Punching shear design with or without punching shear reinforcement
- Optional consideration of minimum moments according to EN 1992‑1‑1 when determining longitudinal reinforcement
- Design or analysis of longitudinal reinforcement
- Complete integration of results in the RFEM printout report
After opening the module, the materials and surface thicknesses defined in RFEM are preset. The nodes to be designed are recognized automatically. However, you can modify them manually.
It is possible to consider openings in the area with risk of punching shear. The openings can be transferred from RFEM or specified only in RF‑PUNCH Pro so they do not effect the stiffnesses of the RFEM model.
Parameters of the longitudinal reinforcement cover the number and direction of layers as well as the concrete cover separately defined by surface for the top and the bottom side of a slab. The next input window allows you to define all additional details for nodes of punching shear. The module recognizes the position of the punching node and automatically sets, whether the node is located in the center of the slab, on the slab edge or in the slab corner.
In addition, it is possible to set punching load, load increment factor β, and the existing longitudinal reinforcement. Optionally, the minimum moments can be activated for determining the required longitudinal reinforcement and enlarged column head.
To facilitate orientation, a slab is always displayed with the corresponding node of punching shear. Furthermore, you can open the design program by HALFEN, the German producer of rails for shear reinforcement. All RFEM data can be imported to this program for further easy and effective processing.
RF-PUNCH Pro determines the punching load on the basis of a single load (from column / loading / nodal support) and of the smoothed and unsmoothed shear force distribution along the control perimeter. However, it is also possible to enter user‑defined specifications.
Since the module is fully integrated in RFEM, all nodes of punching shear on the reference surface are known. Therefore, you can perform the interference check of determined perimeters with the perimeters of adjacent columns.
After the calculation, the module displays clearly arranged tables including all result details to ensure traceability at any time. The provided and allowable shear stresses for the shear resistance design of a slab as well as various perimeters and reinforcement ratios are represented in detail. If necessary, there is a clarifying note displayed.
The next result window lists the required longitudinal or punching shear reinforcement of each analyzed node. An explanatory graphic is also available. All design results can be clearly displayed with values in the work window. Furthermore, you can add all result tables and graphics into the global printout report of RFEM, which guarantees a coherent documentation.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Price (VAT excl.)
Customers who bought this product also bought
Module Extension for RFEM
Extension of the modules for reinforced concrete design by the Eurocode 2 design
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of reinforced concrete members and surfaces (plates, walls, planar structures, shells)
Design of steel members according to Eurocode 3
Reinforced concrete design according to the model column method (method based on nominal curvature)
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Analytical deformation analysis of plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Physical and geometrical nonlinear calculation of beam and plate structures consisting of reinforced concrete
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
Design of single, bucket and block foundations
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Soil-structure interaction analysis and determination of elastic foundation coefficients based on soil data
Consideration of nonlinear material laws
Module Extension for RF-STEEL EC3 and RF-STEEL AISC
Warping torsion analysis according to the second-order theory with 7 degrees of freedom
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Design of rigid bolted frame joints according to Eurocode 3 or DIN 18800
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Design of hinged and restrained column base footings according to Eurocode 3