- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Why Dlubal Software?
Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation
With the stand-alone program RWIND Simulation, wind flows around simple or complex structures can be simulated by means of a digital wind tunnel.
The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported to RFEM or RSTAB.
With the view option Camera Fly Mode, you can fly through your RFEM and RSTAB structure. Control the direction and speed of the flight with your keyboard. Additionally, you can save the flight through your structure as a video.
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
- Available for cold-formed L, Z, C, channel, top-hat, and CL sections from the cross-section database, as well as for cold-formed (non-perforated) SHAPE-THIN 9 cross-sections
- Determination of the effective cross-section considering the local buckling and the distortional buckling
- Cross-section ultimate limit state, stability, and serviceability limit state designs according to EN 1993‑1‑3
- Design of local transverse forces for webs without stiffening
- Available for all National Annexes included in RF-/STEEL EC3
- RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion module extension (license required) for stability analysis according to the second-order analysis as stress analysis including consideration of the 7th degree of freedom (warping)
Since RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections is fully integrated in RF-/STEEL EC3, the data is entered in the same way as for the usual design in this module. It is only necessary to select the design option for cold-formed cross-sections in the Details dialog box.
The design results are displayed in RF-/STEEL EC3 in the usual way.
Among other results, the corresponding result windows include the effective cross-section properties due to axial force N, bending moment My, bending moment Mz, internal forces, and design summary.
There is a known complexity of calculating footfall response on irregular floors or staircases of any type.
- Overall maximum response factors and critical nodes
- Resonant analysis (maximum response factor, RMS acceleration, critical node, critical frequency)
- Impulsive (transient) analysis (maximum response factor, peak acceleration/velocity, RMS acceleration/velocity, critical node, critical frequency)
- Vibration dose values for both resonant andimpulsive analyses
- Response factor vs walking frequency
- Mass participation vs eigenmodes
- Velocity time history
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
"I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it."
"I have been using Dlubal for over a year now and am constantly impressed by the range of its capabilities/flexibilities that Dlubal offers, in particular its ability to cope with the unusual design challenges and requirements typical of what I do in my daily job."