- More than 25,000 users in 71 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Service provided by experienced engineers
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
Member Type "Dashpot"
The member type "Dashpot" can be used for time history analyses in RFEM with the add-on modules RF-DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations and RF-DYNAM Pro - Nonlinear Time History. This linear viscous damping element considers forces dependent on velocity.
With regard to viscoelasticity, the member type "Dashpot" is similar to the Kelvin-Voigt model which consists of the damping element and an elastic spring (both connected in parallel).
Data exchange with Advance Steel using *.smlx files
When exchanging data with Advance Steel using *.smlx files, the interface is automatically detected. This means that *.smlx files are possible even if no version of Advance Steel is installed.
RF-/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber | Features
- Design of hinged connections
- Biaxial inclination of the connected member (for example a jack rafter joint)
- Connection of any number of members on one node for the ‘Main member only’ type
- Screw diameter of 6 mm – 12 mm
- Automatic check of the minimum distance between screws
- Optional free definition of screw distances
- Transfer of eccentricity from RFEM/RSTAB
- Crosswise or parallel screw alignment
- Definition of up to 16 screws in a row
- Graphical visualization of joints in the add-on module and in RFEM/RSTAB
- Possibility to perform all required designs
RF-/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber | Input
First, it is necessary to select the joint type and the design standard.
The connected members are imported from the RFEM/RSTAB model. The module automatically checks if all geometric conditions are fulfilled.
Also the loads are imported automatically from RFEM/RSTAB. In the Geometry window, you can specify the screw parameters (diameter, length, angle, etc.).
RF-/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber | Design
The following design results are displayed:
- Check of the minimum spacing between screws
- Load carrying capacity of each screw
RF-/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber | Results
At first, the governing joint designs are arranged in groups and displayed with the basic geometry of the joint in the first result window. In the other result windows, you can see all fundamental design details.
Dimensions and material properties important for the connection construction are displayed immediately and can be printed directly or exported to a DXF file. It is possible to visualize the connections in RF‑/JOINTS Timber - Timber to Timber or in the RFEM/RSTAB model.
All graphics can be included in the RFEM/RSTAB printout report or printed directly. Result graphics to scale provide the option of an optimal visual check right from the design phase.
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Nonlinear Time History | Features
- User-defined time diagrams as a function of time, in a tabular form, or as harmonic loads
- Combination of the time diagrams with RFEM/RSTAB load cases or combinations (enables definition of nodal, member and surface loads as well as free and generated loads varying over time)
- Combination of several independent excitation functions
- Nonlinear time history analysis with the implicit Newmark analysis (RFEM only) or the explicit analysis
- Structural damping using Raleigh damping coefficients or Lehr's damping
- Direct import of initial deformations from a load case or combination (RFEM only)
- Stiffness modifications as initial conditions, for example axial force effect, deactivated members (RSTAB only)
- Graphical display of results in a time course monitor
- Export of results in user-defined time steps or as an envelope
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Nonlinear Time History | Nonlinearities
- Nonlinear member types, such as tension and compression members or cables
- Member nonlinearities, such as failure, tearing, yielding under tension or compression
- Support nonlinearities, such as failure, friction, diagram, and partial activity
- Release nonlinearities, such as friction, partial activity, diagram, and fixed if positive or negative internal forces
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Nonlinear Time History | Results
Due to the integration of RF‑/DYNAM Pro in RFEM or RSTAB, you can incorporate numeric and graphic results from RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations to the global printout report. Also, all RFEM and RSTAB options are available for a graphical visualization. The results of the time history analysis are displayed in a time course monitor.
All results are plotted versus time. You can export the numeric values to MS Excel. It is possible to export the result combinations by exporting the results of the individual time steps or filtering the most unfavourable results of all time steps.
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”