Dlubal Software ist a member of Windtechnologische Gesellschaft e.V.
Software for Wind Effects on Structures
Analyses in the Numerical Wind Tunnel
RWIND Simulation is a stand-alone program for numerical simulations of wind flows (digital wind tunnel) around buildings or any other objects by means of CFD simulation (Computational fluid dynamics).
The wind simulation can be performed for simple or complex structures. The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported to RFEM and RSTAB.
The structural analysis program RFEM is the basis of a modular software system. The main program RFEM is used to define structures, materials, and loads for planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells and members. The program also allows you to create combined structures as well as model solid and contact elements.
The structural frame analysis and design program RSTAB contains a similar range of functions as RFEM, with special attention to frameworks. Therefore, it is very easy to use and for many years it has been the best choice for structural analysis.
Dlubal is Member of WtG
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
- 3D incompressible wind flow analysis with OpenFOAM® software package
- Direct model import of RFEM or RSTAB or STL files
- Simple model changes using Drag and Drop and graphical adjustment assistance
- Automatic corrections of the model topology with shrink wrap networks
- Option to add objects from the environment (buildings, terrain, ...)
- Height-dependent velocity profiles according to the standard
- K-epsilon and K-omega turbulence models
- Automatic mesh generating adjusted to the selected depth of detail
- Parallel calculation with optimal utilization of the capacity of multicore computers
- Results in just minutes for low-resolution simulations (up to 1 million cells)
- Results within a few hours for simulations with medium/high resolution (1-10 million cells)
- Graphical display of results on the Clipper/Slicer planes (scalar and vector fields)
- Graphical display of streamlines
- Streamline animation (optional video creation)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Stand-alone program for numerical simulations of wind flow around buildings or any other objects. The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported into RFEM / RSTAB programs for static and dynamic analysis.