- Possibility of the connection to the internationally recognized programs RFEM and RSTAB
- Fast modeling thanks to sophisticated input technology
- Calculation of stresses from axial force, biaxial bending moments and shear forces, primary and secondary torsional moment, and warping bimoment for any cross-section shape.
- Parametric modeling
- Import of dxf files
Section Properties and Stress Analysis
Fascinating customer projects designed with the Dlubal structural analysis software.
Have you been busy calculating cross-sections for a very long time? Dlubal Software can make your work easier. The stand-alone program '''RSECTION''' determines the section properties for any thin-walled and massive cross-sections. Then, it performs a stress analysis for you. This can save you a lot of time and effort in order to invest both more reasonably: in the further planning of your project.
With us, the programs work hand in hand. In RSECTION, you also have the option to connect to the structural FEA software RFEM and the structural frame & truss analysis software RSTAB. The RSECTION cross-sections are also available in the RFEM and RSTAB library. Conversely, you can import the internal forces from RFEM and RSTAB into RSECTION.
Corresponding data is entered easily. It is done graphically, in tables, by importing a DXF file, or via script.
- Extensive library of rolled, parametric thin-walled and thick-walled cross-sections
- Extensible library for material properties
- Import of dxf files
- Cross-section properties of thin-walled or thick-walled cross-sections
- Ideal section properties of cross-sections consisting of different materials
- Stress analysis
- Plastic capacity design with interaction of internal forces according to the Simplex Method
- Design of reinforcement and the subsequent design of concrete cross-section in the Concrete Design add-on (see Product Feature)
- Saving cross-sections as a block
- Interface with MS Excel for exporting tables
- Connection to Webservice & API (for example, optional creation of cross-section and access to result tables)
- Printout report
RSECTION contains an extensive library of rolled sections, as well as parametric thin-walled and massive cross-sections You can compose them or supplement them with new elements.
Graphical tools and functions allow you to model complex section shapes in the usual way common for CAD programs. The graphical input supports, among other things, the setting of arcs, circles, ellipses, parabolas, and NURBS. As an alternative, you can import a DXF file and use this as the basis for further modeling. You can easily model a section consisting of different materials with minimum effort.
Furthermore, a parameterized input allows you to enter the cross-section dimensions and internal forces in such a way that they depend on certain variables.
You can also carry out all inputs by means of a script.
RSECTION calculates all relevant cross-section properties. This also includes the plastic limit internal forces. In the case of cross-sections consisting of different materials, RSECTION determines the ideal cross-section properties.
You have various options with RSECTION. For example, you can calculate the stresses from axial force, biaxial bending moments and shear forces, primary and secondary torsional moment, as well as warping bimoment for any cross-section shape. Determine the equivalent stresses according to the stress hypothesis by von Mises, Tresca, and Rankine.
RSECTION also offers everything you need in terms of overview. You can evaluate and visualize all results in an appealing numerical and graphical form. Selection functions support you in the targeted evaluation.
The printout report corresponds to the high standards of the FEA software RFEM and the frame analysis software RSTAB. Any modifications are updated automatically. You don't have to do anything for it.
Customers who bought this product also bought
Effective Sections is an extension of RSECTION. It determines the effective sections according to EN 1993-1-5, EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1999-1-1.