Nonlinear Buckling Analysis
The structural analysis software RFEM 6 is the basis of a modular program family. The RFEM main program is used to define structures, materials, and loads for planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, and members. The program also allows you to create combined structures as well as model solid and contact elements.
The Structural Stability add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9 calculates critical load factors and the corresponding stability modes according to the eigenvalue method and the incremental method. Therefore, it is suitable for the linear and nonlinear analysis of the structural stability behavior.
The RF‑IMP/RSIMP add-on module for RFEM 5 / RSTAB 8 is used to generate equivalent geometric imperfections (equivalent loads) or a pre-deformed equivalent model.
The structural analysis software provided by Dlubal Software can be integrated seamlessly into the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The large number of interfaces ensures the data exchange of digital building models with RFEM or RSTAB.
The web service (programmable interface) can be used to read or write data from/to RFEM and RSTAB.
The railroad bridge over the Fanggraben River is part of a manufacturing plant’s new construction in Biebesheim am Rhein.
The design and structural analysis of the roof's steel structure over the Palmovka Open Park IV office building were carried out by the KONSTAT company.
A new railroad station building was built on the site of the old temporary building in Karlovy Vary, meeting the current requirements for the operation of station buildings. The design of the steel structure was carried out by a Dlubal customer, KONSTAT s.r.o.
In addition to the cruise terminal located at Berth 7, a second cruise ship check-in terminal was constructed in Warnemünde. There are occasions when three ships may call at the same time.
The engineering company ACS provided the full project structural analysis and design, including the fabric membrane and frame structure.
The Belin-Béliet (department of Gironde) municipality tennis club, founded in 1976, completed a new tennis hall in July 2019. This project was made possible due to a subsidy provided by the French Tennis Federation along with the support of the municipality.
The goal of the hydroelectric power plant project was to analyze the resistance of a double mechanical displacement system on rails subjected to tensile stress.
Studio Rota Nodari has extensive experience in civil and industrial project development. For many years, it has designed temporary and permanent steel and aluminum structures such as tensile structures, scaffolding, platforms, and prefabricated roofs for various events throughout Italy and abroad.
For twenty years, the Circus Festival in Latina has been thrilling audiences with the world’s most talented artists. The International Circus Festival of Italy, founded by Giulio Montico and operated by the Montico family, has been recognized globally since the first performance. The circus tent built in Latina has made it possible to appreciate the quality of the many artists performing there.
Removable guyed masts are used not only for telecommunications purposes, but also for collecting wind data in order to evaluate the profitability of a planned wind farm.
Metalúrgica Vera S.R.L. was commissioned to perform the design and construction of a new hangar structure located in Paraguay’s Silvio Petirossi International Airport for large aircraft repair and storage.
Do you have any questions about our products or which are best suited for your design projects? Contact us via phone, email, or chat or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page available 24/7.
Online Manual | RFEM 6
Structural Analysis Models to Download
Select numerous structural models to utilize them for training purposes or for your projects.
With the RFEM 6 add-on Steel Joints, you can analyze steel connections by using an FE model. This article demonstrates how to evaluate and document the steel joints analysis results.
- The proposed connection can be applied to all selected nodes in the structure
- The location of the connection can be defined using the "Main" tab of the Add-on dialog box
- The design is performed for all connections in the structure and after the calculation, the results on all connections can be displayed
- The table shows the results for the individual connections, each connection is designed and can be saved separately
- How can I determine the controlling internal forces at a node that several members frame into for connection design?
- When calculating a connection using the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, a message appears saying that the value is out of the valid range (existing value: 108, minimum value 100, maximum value 100). What does this message mean?
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- How can I model and design general bolted connections with the surface and solid elements in RFEM?
- For design in FRAME‑JOINT Pro, I get Error No. 30011 "The selected nodes have different geometry [...]". How can I design my connection?
- How is the rotational stiffness of a buckling stiffener determined in PLATE‑BUCKLING?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures." What do I need for this?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, that is, the design against pulling out the column?
- For a buckling analysis, PLATE‑BUCKLING determines the governing shear stress of τ = 7.45 kN/cm², while RF‑/STEEL gives the result of the maximum shear stress of τ = 8.20 kN/cm². Where does this difference come from?
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails under bending. If I add backing plates in the FRAME‑JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes for all design ratios. Why?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids, and contact elements
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Consideration of nonlinear material laws