Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/HSS Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Ultimate Limit State Design of Welded Hollow Section Connections According to EN 1993-1-8:2005
The RF-/HSS add‑on module analyzes various hollow section connections or designs an existing connection.
It is possible to design planar and spatial truss nodes containing round, square or rectangular hollow sections.
RF-/HSS performs the ultimate limit state design according to the requirements of the standard EN 1993‑1‑8:2005.
- Integration in RFEM/RSTAB with automatic geometry identification and loading of internal forces
- Optional manual definition of connections
- Extensive library of hollow sections for chords and struts:
- Round sections
- Square sections
- Rectangular sections
- Implemented steel grades: S 235, S 275, S 355, S 420, S 450, and S 460
- Various types of connection available, depending on the standard specifications:
- K connection (gap/overlapping)
- KK connection (spatial)
- N connection (gap/overlapping)
- KT connection (gap/overlapping)
- DK connection (gap/overlapping)
- T connection (planar)
- TT connection (spatial)
- Y connection (planar)
- X connection (planar)
- XX connection (spatial)
- Selection of partial safety factors according to National Annex for Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, Switzerland, or Denmark
- Adjustable angles between struts and chords
- Optional chord rotation of 90° for rectangular hollow sections
- Consideration of gaps between struts or overlapping struts
- Optional consideration of additional nodal forces
- Design of connections as the maximum ultimate limit state of truss struts for axial forces and bending moments
It is possible to select connection nodes graphically in the model of RFEM/RSTAB. Relevant cross-section data and geometry are imported automatically. You can also define the parameters of hollow section connections manually. If necessary, you can modify the sections in the module.
The default angle between struts and chords can be modified as well. The geometric relation of struts is important for the right design selection. You can define these relations by entering gaps between struts or overlapping struts.
A successful design is based on plausibility check of geometric conditions.
The RF-/HSS add-on module performs the calculation for the following designs:
- Flange failure of chord member due to normal force
- Shear failure of chord member due to normal force
- Strut failure due to normal force
- Punching shear due to normal force
The design includes detailed information about analyzed internal forces, validity limits, and design conditions. Design failures are clearly marked in the result overview.
All input and result data are also documented in the general RFEM/RSTAB printout report. Separate design cases allow flexible analysis of the individual components in large structures.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
General data for design of planar beam structure joint applying the input data from RFEM
Cross-section data for chord and struts
Geometry data of the connection type
Selecting load cases to be designed from RFEM
Detailed results of design by nodes
Input data and results in printout report
Geometry data of a spatial beam structure joint
Manual entry of design internal forces
Design of a spatial beam structure joint
Faulty geometric relations