Webservice and API
Programmable Interface for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9
Webservice and API is a programmable interface for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9. Based on this technology, the programs RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 provide a server service that can be used locally or via the network. The client-server communication allows you to send requests to and receive feedback from RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9.
High-level libraries are available for the Python and C# programming languages, which allow easy and intuitive use of web services. The high-level libraries are available on GitHub under an open source license. They can be used free of charge and adapted to your specific needs. Contributions to our repositories are always welcome.
This version can write and read data in RFEM/RSTAB. However, the application and RFEM/RSTAB must run on the same computer.
In addition to the performance of the Basic version, it is possible to communicate via the network.
Webservice and API clearly cover the universal aspects in the construction industry. However, the calculation and design require different features for each region, country, company, and civil engineer. Webservice and API allows each user to create their own analysis and design system easily while trusting the performance and reliability of RFEM / RSTAB.
There is an increasing need for the customized and automated structural analysis and design. The technology of Webservice allows you to create special functionalities quickly and precisely. Our customers can develop such solutions independently or in cooperation with us.
Webservice and API can be used in various ways. In the following text, you can find some ideas as to how the Webservice and API can support your company:
- Creating additional applications for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9
- Possibility to make our workflows more efficient (for example, model definition and input) and to integrate RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9 into your company applications
- Simulating and calculating several design options
- Running optimization algorithms for size, shape, and/or topology
The level of quality of your work is automatically increased not only by the algorithmic model definitions, but also by:
- Extending / consolidating RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9 with your own controls
- Increased interoperability between the individual software used to complete a project
Webservice and API is an XML-based information exchange system for a direct client-server communication. These systems can include programs, objects, messages, or documents. For example, a web service protocol of the HTTP type runs the client-server communication when a user searches for something using a search engine.
- Webservice is a collection of open source protocols and standards used to exchange data between systems and applications. API is a software interface that allows two applications to interact with each other without the user being involved.
- All web services are APIs, but not all APIs are web services.
- Faster communication within and between organizations
- Service independence from other services
- Webservice allows you to use your application to make a message or a feature available to the rest of the world.
- Webservice helps you to exchange data between different applications and different platforms.
- The applications can communicate, exchange data, and share services with each other.
- SOAP ensures that the programs created on different platforms and based on different programming languages can exchange data securely.
In theory, a web service can be created with any programming language. However, we at Dlubal Software have created high-level function libraries for our users. With these high-level function libraries, you can create powerful scripts by simple programming. These libraries include:
We decided to use these programming languages for a specific reason. Python, in particular, has the following features:
- Simple and easy to learn
- Still very powerful
- Many extensions and libraries available
- Many resources available on the Internet
A new file format for structural design, Structural Analysis Format (SAF), is now also supported. Both import and export is possible in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9. SAF is a file format based on MS Excel, which is intended to facilitate the exchange of structural analysis models between different software applications.
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Is it possible to import the files of the FEM-Design program by the StruSoft company into RFEM?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?
- When importing a model directly from AutoCAD, the shape of the "spline" is sometimes incorrect.
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
Customers who bought this product also bought
First, the two-part Optimization & Costs / CO2 Emission Estimation add-on finds suitable parameters for parameterized models and blocks via the artificial intelligence (AI) technique of particle swarm optimization (PSO) for compliance with common optimization criteria. Second, this add-on estimates the model costs or CO2 emissions by specifying unit costs or emissions per material definition for the structural model.
The Multilayer Surfaces add-on allows you to define multilayer surface structures. The calculation can be carried out with or without the shear coupling.