Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/FOUNDATION Pro Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Single, Bucket and Block Foundations
The RF-FOUNDATION Pro add‑on module designs single, bucket and block foundations for all support forces arising in the RFEM/RSTAB model. The design of reinforced concrete foundations is performed according to:
- EN 1992‑1‑1:2004 + AC:2010
- EN 1997‑1
In addition to the support forces from RFEM/RSTAB, the module allows you to specify loads to be integrated into the design of a foundation. RF‑FOUNDATION Pro provides a reinforcement concept for the upper and lower plate reinforcement, which is individually adjustable at any time.
- Available types of foundation:
- Foundation plate (optionally without bending reinforcement)
- Bucket foundation with smooth bucket sides
- Bucket foundation with rough bucket sides
- Block foundation with smooth bucket sides
- Block foundation with rough bucket sides
- Design according to EN 1992-1-1 and EN 1997-1
- The following National Annexes of Eurocode 2 and Eurocode 7 are available:
DIN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013-04 and DIN EN 1997-1/NA:2010-12
ÖNORM B 1992-1-1:2011-12 and ÖNORM B 1997-1:2007-11
BDS EN 1992-1-1:2005/NA:2011 and BDS EN 1997-1:2005/NA:2012
CYS EN 1992-1-1:2004/NA:2009 and CYS EN 1997-1/NA:2004
- Czech Republic:
CSN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2006-11 and CSN EN 1997-1/NA:2006-09
DK EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013 and DK EN 1997-1/NA:2007
SFS EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-10 and SFS EN 1997-1/NA:2004-01
NF EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-03 and NF EN 1997-1/NA:2006-09
UNI EN 1992-1-1/NA:2007-07 and UNI EN 1997-1/NA:2005-01
NEN EN 1992-1-1 C2:2011/NB:2011 and NEN EN 1997-1 C1:2012/NB:2012
PN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2010 and PN EN 1997-1/NA:2005-05
STN EN 1992-1-1/NA:2008-06 and STN EN 1997-1/NA:2005-10
SIST EN 1992-1-1:2005/A101:2006 and SIST EN 1997-1/NA:2006-03
UNE EN 1992-1-1/NA:2013 and UNE EN 1997-1:2010
In addition to the National Annexes (NA) listed above, you can also define a specific NA, applying user-defined limit values and parameters.
- Automatic calculation of governing loading from load cases
- Specification of additional support forces
- Determination of the reinforcement concept for bottom and top reinforcement considering the most favorable combination of mat and rebars
- Individual adjustment of reinforcement concept
- Results of foundation reinforcement in detailed reinforcement drawings
- Results displayed in tables and graphics
- Visualization of foundation, columns and reinforcement in 3D rendering
- Available types of foundation:
Foundations are assigned graphically by selecting supports using the [Select] function in the graphical user interface of RFEM/RSTAB and by specifying the load cases to be designed. You can quickly and easily define all other foundation details in clearly arranged input windows.
In addition to all support forces from RFEM/RSTAB, you can specify further loads to be considered when dimensioning the foundations. The following additional loadings are available:
- Pemanent surface load due to earth covering
- Negative surface load, for example due to traffic
- Ground water level for uplift consideration
- Concentrated loads in any position on the foundation plate
- Line loads with any distribution over the foundation plate
It is possible to perform the following designs:
- Equilibrium limit state design
- Uplift limit state design
- Ground failure (soil contact pressure) design
- Strong eccentric loads design
- Design of foundation torsion and limitation of gaping joint
- Sliding design
- Bending failure design of plate
- Punching shear design
Foundation and bucket dimensions can be user-defined or determined by the module. You can manually edit the determined reinforcement. In this case, the designs are automatically updated.
The program creates a reinforcement concept for the top and the bottom plate reinforcement by searching for the most favorable combination of a mat and added rebars. If required, the rebars are distributed across two reinforcement areas by curtailment. It is possible to individually modify the reinforcement concept:
- Application of another mat type
- Individual control of diameter and spacing of added rebars
- Free selection of reinforcement area widths
- Individual curtailment of reinforcements
You can display the foundation in excellent rendering quality including reinforcement. In the rendering as well as in up to seven different dimensioned reinforcement drawings ready for on-site construction, the module provides solution proposal for bucket design. It is possible to modify number, position, diameter, and spacing of used rebars as well. You can also determine the shape of applied links.
Dimensions of foundation plate and bucket can be determined by the add-on module or user-defined. Clearly arranged windows display results of each performed design including all intermediate values. They are covered in a reduced printout report providing a verifiable structural analysis.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-FOUNDATION Pro 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
FOUNDATION Pro 8.xx