Park of Lightweight Structures for Redevelopment of Porta Romana Railway Yard
Model to Download
Thanks to the Winter Olympic Games of Milano Cortina 2026, a new village for the athletes will be located in the abandoned railway yard of Porta Romana in Milan. This thesis takes advantage of this opportunity and provides a new masterplan for the area: a project based on the soft mobility and on a new park, to create a new green lung for the city.
Cutting Patterns for Fabric with Surface Treatment (Top) and for Textile Mesh Without Surface Treatment (Bottom)
With the activated option "Topology on form-finding shape" in the Project Navigator - Display, the model display is optimized based on the form-finding geometry. For example, the loads are displayed in relation to the deformed system.
- Although I have modeled two identical structural systems, I obtain a different shape. Why?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- How is an inflatable object simulated in RFEM?
- A cable structure model created in RFEM 5.13 cannot be calculated in the current version of the program. The program displays a message that "Stiffness matrix is singular," although it could be calculated in the original version. How can I fix this?
- How is it possible to create the cutting pattern geometry for a decorative sticker on a biaxially curved membrane roof?
- Why does the form-finding not work for the "Cable on Pulleys" member type?
- How are the properties of the elasticity and shear modulus of a membrane fabric with the usual force/length syntax transformed into the general force/surface syntax to be entered in RFEM?
- I cannot define the prestress separately for warp and weft in RF‑FORM‑FINDING. How can I activate it?