Three-Span Continuous Beam
Model to Download
With the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module, it is possible to perform the vibration design known from DIN 1052 for the design according to EN 1995-1-1.
This model was used to demonstrate it.
Model Used in
With the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module, it is possible to perform the vibration design known from DIN 1052 for the design according to EN 1995‑1‑1. In this design, the deflection under permanent and quasi-permanent action at the ideal one‑span beam may not exceed a limit value (6 mm according to DIN 1052). If you consider the relation between the natural frequency and the deflection for a hinged single-span beam subjected to a constant distributed load, a minimum natural frequency of about 7.2 Hz results from the 6 mm.
Lookout Tower Model (Left) and Deformation Image (Right) in RFEM (© Ingenieurbüro Braun GmbH & Co. KG)
Compared to the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Timber Design add-on for RFEM 6/RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 5, other international standards are integrated (SIA 265, ANSI/AWC NDS, CSA 086, GB 50005)
- Design of compression perpendicular to grain (support pressure)
- Implementation of eigenvalue solver for determining the critical moment for lateral-torsional buckling (only EC 5)
- Definition of different effective lengths for design at normal temperature and fire resistance design
- Evaluation of stresses via unit stresses (FEA)
- Optimized stability analyses for tapered members
- Unification of the materials for all national annexes (only one "EN" standard is now available in the material library for a better overview)
- Display of cross-section weakenings directly in the rendering
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?