Model to Download
Tensile membrane structure shape calculated in RFEM, software for static analysis.
Model Used in
This article shows how to manage the input data for member and surface design configurations within the Stress-Strain Analysis add-on.
Compared to the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module (RFEM 5), the following new features have been added to the Form-Finding add-on for RFEM 6:
- Specification of all form-finding load boundary conditions in one load case
- Storage of form-finding results as initial state for further model analysis
- Automatic assignment of the form-finding initial state via combination wizards to all load situations of a design situation
- Additionally form-finding geometry boundary conditions for members (unstressed length, maximum vertical sag, low-point vertical sag)
- Additional form-finding load boundary conditions for members (maximum force in member, minimum force in member, horizontal tension component, tension at i-end, tension at j-end, minimum tension at i-end, minimum tension at j-end)
- Material type "Fabric" and "Foil" in material library
- Parallel form-findings in one model
- Simulation of sequentially building form-finding states in connection with the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) Add-On
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Although I modeled two identical systems, I got a different shape. Why?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?
- I have already divided my membrane roof into individual surfaces. Can I quickly create a cutting pattern from these surfaces?