Model to Download
Download the model of Steel Frame with Reactivation of Tension Members here and open it with the finite element program RFEM.
This model will be used in the Free online basic training of the structural FEA software RFEM 6 | Introduction to FEM for students.
This article looks at a practical use case of programming a 2D Truss Generator GUI with Python.
Animation of Global Deformation of Spiral Staircase in RFEM | © Matrix Consulting Engineers Ltd | www.matrixce.co.uk
How can I efficiently define line hinges on several surfaces?
- Why does the load wizard "Member Load from Area Load" give unnecessary concentrated loads?
- How do I define effective lengths when designing steel members in RFEM 6?
- Is it possible to display the deformation analysis of a surface (limit 0.5‰)?
- The load distribution on my members looks different when using the Load Transfer surface vs. the Load Wizards. What is the reason?
My beam has a continuous lateral support and therefore lateral torsional buckling (LTB) is not a concern. How do I define the effective length?
- I received an error message “Surface of incompatible type... (Surface in upper plane of building story must be of ‘Load transfer’ type)” when running the calculation. What is the reason?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s) Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the overstrength factor(s), Ωo in the ASCE 7 load combinations?
- How do I include the redundancy factor(s) ρ in the ASCE 7 load combinations?