Wind Loads on Flat Roof Building
This verification example compares wind load calculations on a flat roof building by means of the ASCE 7-16 standard and by means of CFD simulation in RWIND Simulation. The building is defined according to the sketch and the inflow velocity profile taken from the ASCE 7-16 standard.
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, or chat or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page available 24/7.
The building and construction industry is increasingly digitized. Structural engineers, a smaller group in the construction industry, are not always considered to be engineers who follow the latest trends immediately. There is often good reason for this.
Building Model in Various BIM Applications and IFC Viewer and Calculated Model in RFEM (Deformations, Bottom)
Different Options of Deriving Analysis Model for Bolted Steel Connection (Red Lines and Nodes) for Structural Analysis and Design
Dlubal Online Service with Comprehensive Cross-Section Libraries and Determination of Cross-Section Values for Structural Analysis and Design
Wind Load Simulation of CIMU - ILE DE SEGUIN, Paris, in Digital Wind Tunnel in RWIND Simulation (© www.bouygues.com)
Pressure Distribution of Residential Building with Garage in Digital Wind Tunnel by RWIND Simulation
Direct Specification of Allowable Soil Pressure Without Calculation Using Formulas According to EN 1997-1, Annex D
- What is the maximum number of reinforcement groups that can be created in a design case in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- I would like to perform punching design of a floor slab. I have selected nodes for the design, but they are marked as invalid. Where did I make a mistake?
- Is the deformation analysis in state II included in the concrete design in RFEM 6?
- How can I open the interaction diagram from Concrete Design?
- Why are the members invalid for the Concrete Design add-on?
- Where can I activate creep for concrete design?
- Is it possible to design single-layer reinforced surfaces with RFEM 6?
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- What is the meaning of the two terms "Factorize provided reinforcement" and "Optimize provided reinforcement" in the concrete design?
- Can I switch the required reinforcement in the result tables from "mesh nodes" to "grid points?"
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements