Check out these tips to help you get started with the RFEM program.
Design of Steel and Membrane Structures | RFEM | Info Day Online | 15.12.2020 | 1/4
First Steps with RFEM
In the first part of the Dlubal Info Day Online recording, Andreas Niemeier shows how to model and design a tennis court roof.
The following topics are included:
- Tennis court roof modeling
- Wind load generation based on CFD
- Load case combinations
- Stability analysis
- Generation of imperfections
- Member and surface components design
Tennis court roof Steel structures Eurocode 3 Membrane structure Membrane surface Wind loads of curved roofs CFD simulation RF-LIMITS Limits
- Software for Form-Finding and Cutting Patterns of Membrane Structures
- Software for Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation on Structures
Do you have any questions about our products or which are best suited for your design projects? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or search the FAQ page, available 24/7.
Cutting Pattern of Membranes and Cable Elements
Cable and tensile membrane structures are regarded as very slender and aesthetic building constructions. The partly very complex double-curved shapes can be found using suitable form-finding algorithms. One possible solution is to search for the form via the equilibrium between the surface stress (provided prestress and an additional load such as self-weight, pressure, and so on) and the given boundary conditions.
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I get the error "The stiffness matrix is singular!" for a calculation in RF‑FORM‑FINDING. What can I do?
- How do I get the actual member length of cables, for example, after the calculation in RF‑FORM‑FINDING?
- How is it possible to create the cutting pattern geometry for a decorative sticker on a biaxially curved membrane roof?
- How are the properties of the elasticity and shear modulus of a membrane fabric with the usual force/length syntax transformed into the general force/surface syntax to be entered in RFEM?