You can download this structural model to use it for training purposes or for your projects. However, we do not assume any guarantee or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the model.
Supporting Structure with Tapered Frame
Model to Download
Model Used in
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
If the calculation of a member model according to the second-order analysis is terminated with an error message, this instability is often caused by failed tension members: As soon as compressive forces appear in a tension member during a calculation step, this member is no longer considered in the following iterations. Thus, the model can become unstable.
Stability Design in Steel Construction with RFEM and RSTAB | Tue, Dec 1, 2020 | 2:00 PM - 2:45 PM CET
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- I cannot see any members if the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module is selected as a "load case," why?
- What does the load application point in RF-/STEEL EC3 Warping Torsion refer to?
- To which axes refer the support rotations and support eccentricities in RF‑/STEEL EC3 Warping Torsion?
What are the options in RFEM or RSTAB for determining the ideal elastic critical moment for any cross-sections and systems/loads?
Is it also possible to design flat steel (brackets, flat steel stringers of staircases)?
- How can I perform the design of the tension resistance of a smooth column in a smooth bucket column base, i.e. the design against pulling out of the column?
- How can I create a twisted beam in RFEM?
- In the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module, I obtain an extremely high design ratio for a member in the case of "Biaxial bending, shear and axial force." Although the axial force is relatively high, the design ratio seems to be unrealistic. What is the reason?
- For which programs is the STEEL Warping Torsion add-on module available?
- I have just noticed that the STEEL EC3 add-on module also calculates with γM0 = 1.0 when designing a tension member, although it should actually be γM2 = 1.25. How can I perform the design correctly?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?