3D Truss Made of Steel
Model to Download
Model Used in
- Views 491x
- Downloads 96x
- Updated 12/29/2020
The construction industry is increasingly digitized. Structural engineers, a smaller group in the construction industry, are not always considered as engineers who immediately join the latest trends. Often for good reason.
Pressure Distribution of Residential Building With Garage in the Digital Wind Tunnel by RWIND Simulation
Different Options of Deriving the Analysis Model for a Bolted Steel Connection (Red Lines and Nodes) for Structural Analysis and Design
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?
- When I import a .stp file into RFEM a lot of unused nodes appear. How can I avoid that?
- I have installed RFEM and Revit, but the buttons for the direct export/import in Revit are missing. What can I do?
- How can I export my member structure from RFEM/RSTAB so I can continue to use it in my design program? In the case of the export to the *.dxf format, I only get centroid lines.
- Why are my cross-sections defined in RFEM not imported to REVIT?
- Is it possible to export Revit without a license from RSTAB or RFEM?
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- I design a set of members by using the equivalent member method in RF‑/STEEL EC3, but the calculation fails. The system is unstable, delivering the message "Non-designable - ER055) Zero value of the critical moment on the segment."What could be the reason?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- The design ratio of the cross-section check is different for the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. What is the reason?