Model to Download
Model for testing timber trusses for lateral-torsional buckling.
Model Used in
NewLateral-Torsional Buckling in Timber Construction | Examples 1 explains the practical application for determining the critical bending moment Mcrit or the critical bending stress σcrit for a bending beam's lateral buckling by using simple examples.
Result of Eigenvalue Analysis for Single-Span Beam With Lateral and Torsional Restraint with Rigid Intermediate Supports
Result of Eigenvalue Analysis for Single-Span Beam With Lateral and Torsional Restraint without Intermediate Supports
Result of Eigenvalue Analysis for Single-Span Beam With Lateral and Torsional Restraint with Elastic Member Foundation
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
3D-Modell und Foto vom Seilspielgerät „Globe“ (© Screenshot: Dipl.-Des. Heinz Bornemann, Bad Bentheim/© Image: Berliner Seilfabrik)
3D-Modell und Foto einer „Tetragode“ (© Screenshot: Dipl.-Des. Heinz Bornemann, Bad Bentheim/© Image: Berliner Seilfabrik)
Side view of the timber and steel structure of the airship with the 'umbrella' membrane (© Jan Slavík, DOX)
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?
- Why is the strength always reduced by the kmod value of 0.6 during the calculation in the RF‑LAMINATE add‑on module, although I have load combinations with variable loads?
- Can I consider a reduction of the stiffness according to the German regulation NCI NA.5.9 in TIMBER Pro?
- I have selected all available members for design in RF-/TIMBER Pro. Why are tapered members not designed?
- When performing the fire resistance design with TIMBER Pro, I get the error 10001. How can I fix the error?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- Is it possible to design the support pressure or the compression perpendicular to the grain in RX‑TIMBER?
- After the design with RF‑/TIMBER Pro, I optimized a cross-section. Why is the utilization of the optimized cross-section exceeded now?