Parameterized Timber Purlin
Model to Download
Often, models are needed in several projects, like the purlin with columns and braces in this example. The dimensions can be changed directly in RFEM or RSTAB by shifting the nodes.
A more elegant way to do this, however, is to parameterize the input and safe the model as block. The block can then be opened and edited via the Block Manager.
Model Used in
Disproportionate Collapse Prevention Analyses for Mid-rise Cross-laminated Timber Platform-type Buildings
I-Joists in Timber - Discussion of Current Design Practice and Implementation in Structural Analysis Software
Development of the EDP Program for Damage Analysis of Timber Bridges Based on Vibration Measurements
Compared to the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Timber Design add-on for RFEM 6/RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 5, other international standards are integrated (SIA 265, ANSI/AWC NDS, CSA 086, GB 50005)
- Design of compression perpendicular to grain (support pressure)
- Implementation of eigenvalue solver for determining the critical moment for lateral-torsional buckling (only EC 5)
- Definition of different effective lengths for design at normal temperature and fire resistance design
- Evaluation of stresses via unit stresses (FEA)
- Optimized stability analyses for tapered members
- Unification of the materials for all national annexes (only one "EN" standard is now available in the material library for a better overview)
- Display of cross-section weakenings directly in the rendering
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?