Parameterized Timber Purlin
Model to Download
Often, models are needed in several projects, like the purlin with columns and braces in this example. The dimensions can be changed directly in RFEM or RSTAB by shifting the nodes.
A more elegant way to do this, however, is to parameterize the input and safe the model as block. The block can then be opened and edited via the Block Manager.
Model Used in
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- After opening a duopitch roof beam from RX‑TIMBER in RFEM/RSTAB, it is displayed with a gap in the apex zone. Does this affect the calculation?
- Can I consider a shear force reduction with the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I have created automatic load combinations according to EN 1990 + 1995 (CEN). Although Ψ2,1 = 0, there are the factors greater than zero applied for wind and snow. Is this a program error?
- When entering the geometry of a ribbed timber plate, I always get the error message 30343: "The computed stiffness matrix is not positive definite." How can I define the surface?
- Is it possible to design timber structures in RFEM or RSTAB?
- Is it possible to import effective lengths from RF‑STABILITY or RSBUCK in RF‑/TIMBER Pro?
- How is it possible to consider edge lamellas of a glued-laminated beam?