Composite Timber Beams
Model to Download
In RFEM 5 and RSTAB 8, it is possible to consider the flexibility of the connections at composed timber sections in the individual layers. This is achieved by entering the reduction factor gamma determined using the ‘gamma method’, for example, according to EN 1995‑1‑1 (Annex B) or DIN 1052:2008 (8.6.2).
This is demonstrated by applying this model.
Model Used in
Lookout Tower Model (Left) and Deformation Image (Right) in RFEM (© Ingenieurbüro Braun GmbH & Co. KG)
Compared to the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Timber Design add-on for RFEM 6/RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 5, other international standards are integrated (SIA 265, ANSI/AWC NDS, CSA 086, GB 50005)
- Design of compression perpendicular to grain (support pressure)
- Implementation of eigenvalue solver for determining the critical moment for lateral-torsional buckling (only EC 5)
- Definition of different effective lengths for design at normal temperature and fire resistance design
- Evaluation of stresses via unit stresses (FEA)
- Optimized stability analyses for tapered members
- Unification of the materials for all national annexes (only one "EN" standard is now available in the material library for a better overview)
- Display of cross-section weakenings directly in the rendering
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Is it possible to perform design for a timber-concrete composite cross-section?
- How is the coupling between the individual layers controlled in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- Is it possible to model a semi-rigid composite beam with a line release using members in RFEM?
- How do I perform stability analysis to determine the critical load factor in RFEM 6?
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?