Reinforced Concrete Building
Model to Download
Download the model of a reinforced concrete building here, and open it with the FEA software RFEM.
This model is used in the free webinar "Modeling and Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9" on November 3, 2021 (English, on November 2, 2021 in German).
Model Used in
- Event 002406 | Modeling and Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Event 002407 | Model and Design Reinforced Concrete Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Video 002948 | Modeling and Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
- Video 002953 | Model and Design Reinforced Concrete Structures in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9
The calculation of complex structures by means of finite element analysis software is generally performed on the entire model. However, the construction of such structures is a process carried out in multiple stages where the final state of the building is achieved by combining the separate structural parts. To avoid errors in the calculation of overall models, the influence of the construction process must be considered. In RFEM 6, this is possible by using the Construction Stages Analysis (CSA) add-on.
The Concrete Design add-on combines all CONCRETE add-on modules from RFEM 5/RSTAB 8. Compared to these add-on modules, the following new features have been added to the Concrete Design add-on for RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9:
- Input of design-relevant specifications (effective lengths, durability, reinforcement directions, surface reinforcement) directly in the RFEM or RSTAB model
- Extensive input options for longitudinal and transverse reinforcement of members
- Detailed intermediate results for the design with specification of the equations of the applied standard for better traceability of the calculation
- New interaction diagram with interactive graphic for N, M, and M + N from cross-section design incl. output of the secant and tangent stiffness
- Design of the defined reinforcement in the ultimate limit state and serviceability limit state incl. graphical output of the design ratio for the respective component
- Automatic check of the defined reinforcement with regard to the construction or general reinforcement rules for reinforced member and surface components
- Cross-section design optionally with net values of the concrete section
- Design according to the Russian standard SP 63.13330
- What is the meaning of the two terms "Factorize provided reinforcement" and "Optimize provided reinforcement" in the concrete design?
- Can I switch the required reinforcement in the result tables from "mesh nodes" to "grid points?"
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- In RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces, I obtain a high amount of reinforcement in relation to a lever arm that is almost zero. How is such a small lever arm of internal forces created?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- When converting from the manual definition of reinforcement areas to the automatic arrangement of reinforcement according to Window 1.4, the result of the deformation calculation differs, although the basic reinforcement has not been modified. What is the reason for this change?
- Does the program check the lap length of the vertical stirrups of a block foundation with smooth bucket sides?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.