Glass Chandeliers in The Fashion Mall at Keystone, USA
Four different point-supported glass chandeliers are focal points of the newly renovated shopping mall in The Fashion Mall at Keystone, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA. Each chandelier consists of hanging glass plates, which are point-supported from brackets on stainless steel rings.
STUTZKI Engineering, Inc.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Linel, a division of Mestek, Inc.
Mooresville, Indiana, USA
Interlayer Manufacturer SentryGlas® from Kuraray America, Inc.
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
The largest chandelier is elliptical with a major diameter of 36 feet. The 11-foot-tall glass plates are oriented at angles to each other, fanning outward towards the bottom.
The RSTAB model accurately followed the assembly of the physical parts, including the tiny details of the connectors. This allowed reliable prediction of the flexible deformations and the dynamic behavior.
The decorative glass is illuminated at night with intense, colorful blue and red lights. The glass also plays an active role in the overall structural system, stabilizing the rings against rotation.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
- In the calculation parameters of a load case or load combination, it is possible to activate various stiffness factors. What exactly is behind this?
- Why is not there one load for each country in the online service "Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps"?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?
- I have a roof structure resting on a steel column that runs to the foundations. The column runs through a perimeter wall that supports the false ceiling. A considerable part of the load from the roof is transferred to the wall. I want the steel column to carry all the vertical loads from the roof. How can I do it?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2018 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- I encountered a sharing violation while importing a dxf file into SHAPE-THIN. What is the issue?
- How can I display membrane stresses in the results of RF‑STEEL Surfaces?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
Programs Used for Structural Analysis
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions