Design of Stiffening Truss Bracings
RX‑TIMBER Brace analyzes truss bracing for stiffening in the ultimate and the serviceability limit state as well as fire resistance design according to EN 1995‑1‑1 (EC 5) or DIN 1052:2008‑12.
- Design of the following roof structures:
- Monopitch roof
- Duopitch roof
- Curved roof
- All roof shapes allow for a free selection of stiffening diagonals. The following types are available:
- Falling diagonals
- Rising diagonals
- Crossing diagonals with verticals
- Crossing diagonals without verticals
- Crossing diagonals with steel strips (ties)
- Consideration of window rows in the ridge by selecting an inner intermediate part.
- In EC 5 (EN 1995), the following National Annexes are currently available:
- BS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2009-10 (United Kingdom)
- ÖNORM B 1995-1-1:2015-06 (Austria)
- NBN EN 1995-1-1/ANB:2012-07 (Belgium)
- CSN EN 1995-1-1:2009-07 (Czech Republic)
- DK EN 1995-1-1/NA:2011-12 (Denmark)
- SFS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2007-11 (Finland)
- NF EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-05 (France)
- DIN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 (Germany)
- UNI EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Italy)
- NEN EN 1995-1-1/NB:2007-11 (Netherlands)
- PN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Poland)
- STN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2008-12 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1995-1-1/A101:2006-03 (Slovenia)
- SS EN 1995-1-1 (Sweden)
- Simple geometry input with illustrative graphics
- Automatic generation of wind loads
- Automatic generation of required combinations for the ultimate and serviceability limit state as well as fire resistance design
- Free definition of the load cases to be used
- Extensive material library
- Optional extension of the material library by further user-defined materials
- Extensive library of permanent loads
- Allocation of framework to service classes and specification of service class categories
- Determination of design ratios, support forces, and deformations
- Info icon indicating successful or failed design
- Color reference scales in results tables
- Direct data export to MS Excel
- DXF interface for preparation of production documents in CAD
- Program languages: English, German, Czech, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish, and Russian
- Verifiable printout report with all required designs available in many languages, for example English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Polish, Portuguese, Dutch
- In the ultimate limit state design, the stiffness of the releases is divided by the partial safety factor. The serviceability limit state design is performed using mean stiffnesses. Limit values for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state can be defined separately.
- Design of the following roof structures:
The geometry is entered by means of templates as in all other programs of the RX‑TIMBER family. By selecting the roof structure you define the base geometry which can be adjusted by user-defined settings. You can select the relevant timber grade of the material from the material library. All material grades for glulam, hardwood, poplar and softwood timber specified in EN 1995‑1‑1 are available. Furthermore, it is possible to generate a strength class with user-defined material properties and thus extend the library.
Since the stiffening bracing includes also the steel cross-sections, current steel grades are integrated in the library as well. Therefore, there are also the rolled and welded cross-sections available. Stiffening of coupling elements can be considered in Table 1.5 Connections as translational and rotational spring stiffnesses. The program handles these stiffnesses with a stiffness divided by the partial safety factor for the design of the bearing capacity and with the mean values of the stiffness for the serviceability limit state design. The loading can be entered directly as a lateral load (equivalent lateral load) resulting from a truss girder design.
Wind load is applied automatically to all four sides of the structure. Additionally, you can specify user-defined loads, for example concentrated loads from columns (buckling load). According to the generated loads, the program automatically creates combinations for the ultimate and serviceability limit state as well as for the fire resistance in the background. The generated combinations can be considered or adjusted by user-defined specifications.
In RX-TIMBER Brace, the following calculation settings are available:
- Selection of designs to be performed
- Optional results of support forces and deformations
- Adjustment of recommended limit values for deformation analyses in the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design
- Free definition of parameters for the fire resistance design performed according to the simplified method
- Consideration of material nonlinearities (failing members)
You can define the design type to be performed in the Control Parameters window.
After the calculation, the results of performed designs including all required intermediate values are displayed in clearly arranged result tables sorted by various criteria. Since the program displays the intermediate values in detail, transparency of all designs is ensured. Furthermore, it is possible to display the distribution of internal forces for each x-location of the beam in a separate graphical window where you can display the deformations and the individual internal forces.
Designs with design details and selected result diagrams can be added in the printout report providing clearly arranged documentation. The printout report can include graphics, descriptions, drawings, and more. Moreover, it is possible to select which calculation data will be covered in the printout.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Customers who bought this product also bought
Timber design of single-span and wide-span glulam beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of rectangular and circular columns according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of simple, continuous and Gerber beams with or without cantilever according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of three-hinged frames with finger joint connections according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of coupled purlins and continuous beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of flat, monopitch and duopitch roofs according to Eurocode 5