Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam
Design of Glued-Laminated Beams
RX‑TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam performs the ultimate and serviceability limit state design of glulam beams according to EN 1995‑1‑1 (EC 5).
Optionally, you can perform designs according to DIN 1052:2008‑12. In addition, it is possible to perform fire resistance design according to EN 1995‑1‑2 or DIN 4102, Part 22.
- Design of the following beam types:
- Parallel beam
- Monopitch roof beam
- Double tapered beam
- Curved beam
- Pitched cambered beam with constant height
- Pitched cambered beam with variable height
- Fish beam - Parabolic
- Fish beam - Linear with rounding in central area
- Unsymmetrical beams with and without cantilevers
- Arrangement of a loose ridge wedge
- Optional consideration of stiffening elements for transversal tension
- Two design types available for stiffening elements concerning transversal tension:
- Constructive if required
- Full absorption of tension stresses perpendicular to grain
- Calculation of required number of stiffening elements for transversal tension and graphical representation of the arrangement in the beam
- Simple geometry input with illustrative graphics
- Comfortable generation of snow loads according to EN 1991-1-3 or DIN 1055:2005, Part 5
- Automatic determination of wind loads according to EN 1991-1-4 or DIN 1055:2005, Part 4
- User-defined load cases and load applications
- Automatic generation of all possible load combinations
- Connection to MS Excel and acess via COM interface
- Material library for both standards
- For design according to EC 5 (EN 1995), the following National Annexes are available:
- DIN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2013-08 (Germany)
- NBN EN 1995-1-1/ANB:2012-07 (Belgium)
- DK EN 1995-1-1/NA:2011-12 (Denmark)
- SFS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2007-11 (Finland)
- NF EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-05 (France)
- UNI EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Italy)
- NEN EN 1995-1-1/NB:2007-11 (Netherlands)
- ÖNORM B 1995-1-1:2015-06 (Austria)
- PN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2010-09 (Poland)
- SS EN 1995-1-1 (Sweden)
- STN EN 1995-1-1/NA:2008-12 (Slovakia)
- SIST EN 1995-1-1/A101:2006-03 (Slovenia)
- CSN EN 1995-1-1:2007-09 (Czech Republic)
- BS EN 1995-1-1/NA:2009-10 (United Kingdom)
- Extensive library of permanent loads
- Allocation of a structure to service class, and specification of service class categories
- Determination of design ratios, support forces, and deformations
- Info icon indicating successful or failed design
- Color reference scales in result tables
- Direct data export to MS Excel
- DXF interface for preparation of production documents in CAD
- Program languages: English, German, Czech, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish, Chinese, Dutch and Russian
- Verifiable printout report including all required designs. Printout report available in many output languages, for example English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Czech, Polish, Portuguese, Chinese or Dutch.
- Design of the following beam types:
There are various options available for beam modeling. Graphical representations facilitate the geometry input. Modifications are updated automatically. Deflection of cantilevers can be set in the serviceability limit state design, independently from the deflection in the span.
The relevant timber grade of the material can be selected from the material library. All material grades specified in EN 1995-1-1: 2004 (EC 5) or DIN 1052:2008-12 and the selected National Annex are available for glulam, hardwood and softwood timber. Furthermore, it is possible to generate a strength class with user-defined material properties in order to extend the library. Permanent loads (for example roof structure) can also be entered using the comprehensive and extendable material library.
Generators integrated in RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam allow for comfortable generation of various wind and snow load cases. Load cases are displayed graphically and superimposed in automatically generated load combinations according to EN 1990, DIN 1055-100, or DIN 1052. In this way, the required input data is reduced to a minimum. However, you can enter load specifications manually as well.
In RX-TIMBER Glued-Laminated Beam, the following calculation settings are available:
- Designs to be performed:
- Selection of designs to be performed
- Determination of displaying support forces and deformations
- Adjusting the recommended limit values for the deformation analyses
- Definition of parameters for the fire resistance design performed according to the simplified method (optionally for F 30‑B, F 60‑B, F 90‑B, and user‑defined)
- Determination of tilting moment for pinned support
- Definition of support conditions for a beam
- Beam optimization by means of:
- Beam depth modification
- Modification of beam scene
- Cross-section width
- Spacing of lateral supports
- Designs to be performed:
After the calculation, the results of performed designs including all required intermediate values are displayed in clearly arranged result tables sorted by various criteria.
Since the program displays the intermediate values in detail, transparency of all designs is ensured. Furthermore, it is possible to display the distribution of internal forces for each x-location of the beam in a separate graphical window. Here, both the deformations and the individual internal forces can be displayed.
Designs with design details and selected result diagrams can be added in the printout report providing clearly arranged documentation. The printout report can include graphics, descriptions, drawings, and more. Moreover, it is possible to select which calculation data will be covered in the printout.
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Customers who bought this product also bought
Timber design of simple, continuous and Gerber beams with or without cantilever according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of rectangular and circular columns according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of three-hinged frames with finger joint connections according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of coupled purlins and continuous beams according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of stiffening truss bracing according to Eurocode 5 or DIN 1052
Timber design of flat, monopitch and duopitch roofs according to Eurocode 5